Thread: App closing/crashing intermittently

Potential Tuner

App closing/crashing intermittently

Trackaddict user on Android 13 on Pixel 7, along with external GPS (XGPS160), OBDII adapter (veepeak), and gopro hero 4 session.

Initially I just used the app alone on a previous Galaxy phone without issues.
    Now I switched to a Pixel 7, and added the above accessories to get more out of my track sessions.
    I can get the app to connect with all 3 devices and it will start off working as described. The primary issue is that the app will close at some point during a 20 or 30 minute session. I don't think I've ever been able to successfuly record an entire session. There is no warning, and playing back the fragmented video doesn't really provide any clues. Phone is in airplane mode and all battery saving features are disabled at the track. My hunch is that adding more devices makes it more likely to fail mid - session.

I can use Harry's Lap timer without the above issues, but prefer the data analysis of Trackaddict

How do I go about troubleshooting this?

Potential Tuner
    Closing the loop on this.

Problem was the phone. Switched to an older galaxy s9 as a dedicated laptimer and all problems resolved. App doesn't shut off and I have external GPS and OBD2 connectivity.