Thread: TT gen 1 coyote mustang- Getting preignition limit and low Calculated engine load

TT gen 1 coyote mustang- Getting preignition limit and low Calculated engine load

i have disabled a majority of limits the car has been hitting but for some reason it keeps calculating low engine load during Wot?? any suggestions? what tables do i change to correct this?
    car only saw 9 psi and stayed around 8psi for this test. tr6060 car on E85
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Slowleen; 04-17-2023 at 12:04 AM.

Senior Tuner
    I think you are missing some minus signs in your OP intake cam angles.

You would have to get your SD capable of accurately following cylinder airmass based on what the boost controller and waste gates are doing to the manifold pressure. Also accurately following the throttle body inlet pressure, which is no longer just barometric pressure (it's always higher than MAP, at times significantly).
    With the airflow through the throttle body accurate at all angles again (this is not simple/ easy and requires an understanding of quadratic relationships evolving into linear), you would then set your WOT start and end up out of the way. This would keep the torque demand/ scheduled torque coming from the pedal in control and equal to the torque the ECU is calculating the engine is producing. this would give you the higher calculated load you are seeking.
    This is where your calculated load is so far off, you told it its maximum torque based on the highest boost you have tuned it too. You now have the boost lower, and all it knows is, it is not making its maximum torque, and you get a low calculated torque.

None of it matters if all you are tring to do is get the throttle to stay open, and just control boost with an external controller.
    Last edited by murfie; 04-17-2023 at 03:15 AM.

Makes sense, the cars drivability is good so just really want it to get the timing from the borderline table and it was going into preignition with pow boost so I?m going to try and eliminate it as a limiter and see what happens next. And I have the cam angles positive a bit seeing as it continued to make power/maf lb min increased through pull. I?ll try and revert them maybe the Gen 1 computers don?t like it and is causing my mapped points to jump around at WOT

Senior Tuner
    11-14 don't have the mid phase lock phasers like 15+ mustangs. 0 is the limit of where intake cam can go. If it was gaining, it wasn't the intake cam position.

Preignition spark is just a single table and adder from lambda. I recall some connection between the LSPI load tables for ecoboost cars and preignition, but that wouldnt apply to your car.

Makes sense that?s why my mapped points aren?t staying in the op table during wot because it?s having to compensate for going past 0. Didn?t know that about the gen 1.

Yeah I maxed the pre ignition table to eliminate it from interrupting during wot. But I have a feeling the mapped points were causing this as well I?ll give it a try and see if it works