Thread: ecm tab clarification

Advanced Tuner

ecm tab clarification

just looking for a explanation what is does as to me the description is vague, in airflow ecm44340 tip in air mass multiplier,stock on this 14 f150 eb is at 20% ive seen some tuners make this 100% but not really sure if it needs to be modified and what it actually controlls

Advanced Tuner
    That controls how much the tip-in model can affect desired air mass, 20% means it can only add 20% more desired air mass.
    I don't know any good reason to change it, unless the V6's go slightly lean on tip-in?
    I'd be interested in the reason to change it, as I've never had to before.

Advanced Tuner
    Yea I have not found a reason why, I’ve seen a few big names tuners change it to 100% but not sure if that’s good or bad or right or wrong. For example when I started tuning several years back and did my first eb f150 a buddy of mine was getting into tuning as well. He did a read from a SSI 93 tune on his 15 f150 as compared to stock and we noticed that the ssi one was set to 100 there. I was just looking to see when or why it would need to be changed

Advanced Tuner
    It's not likely to hurt anything, unless tip-in freaks out and keeps triggering for some reason, then allowing it 100% could be an issue, but that's not likely.