Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to start... there is so much info it's easy to get lost while looking.

Open/closed loop is nothing to do with the MAF.

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    I do not see a wideband being logged, so if you're trying to do forced-open-loop wideband logging, that doesn't work without the wideband showing up in the channels list. Or, if you're trying to tune via fuel trims, trims do not work when in forced open loop.

Tuner in Training
    Put them back to how they were. Looks like I need to get a ProLink so I can log the AFR from the wideband

There are other ways to get WB signal logged. What kit do you have?

For now, I'd put it back to closed loop (can't tell you exactly what to do there, as there's still no tune file showing the changes you made to get where it is now). Log LTFT+STFT vs Commanded. See if it's still going dangerously lean when in closed loop.

Ways to get a 0-5v analog signal into the ECM:

Preferred as it could be left attached permanently, if the channel exists in the scanner for the brake booster pressure sensor (that sensor's not used on non-DOD engines). I have an E40 GMC Envoy and the scanner does not list that channel, even tried to get Support to add it to mine but no response. It may exist in later years.

screenshot.19-04-2023 17.20.53.png

Temporary connection, as you probably need both these things long-term -
    A/C pressure sensor:

screenshot.19-04-2023 17.21.23.png

Fuel tank pressure sensor:

screenshot.19-04-2023 17.17.53.png

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    There are other ways to get WB signal logged. What kit do you have?

For now, I'd put it back to closed loop (can't tell you exactly what to do there, as there's still no tune file showing the changes you made to get where it is now). Log LTFT+STFT vs Commanded. See if it's still going dangerously lean when in closed loop.
    Got it back in CL, thank you for the info! I think I'll use the AC switch with bullet connectors on the WB and the AC switch to make swapping back and forth easier. I will work on that this week and I'll likely be back on here then. Thanks again for all of your help!

Tuner in Training
    No booster channel for this one either. I think AC Switch will be my best bet. Once I get this all figured out I have some rats nest to fix with the fan wiring and pin it to the ECM so the computer will control it versus the derale control box that is currently used.

Tuner in Training
    No booster channel for this one either. I think AC Switch will be my best bet. Once I get this all figured out I have some rats nest to fix with the fan wiring and pin it to the ECM so the computer will control it versus the derale control box that is currently used. To answer your question it's the AEM 30-0300 kit