Thread: Newbie Questions

Potential Tuner

Newbie Questions

Hi All
    I have not purchased yet. I need some help before I do. I have a 2020 F-150 Raptor. It?s a great car but I want to get more performance out of it and smoother shifting in Sport Mode. I understand every vehicle is different and am very technical. Are there place or people I can get help with setting the parameters I need or is it all in the repository? I know I can pour a ton of money into upgrades, but I feel a tune kit with a great tune will take me to the next level for a modest price point. Any feedback is appreciated. Thank so much, Jonathan

Advanced Tuner
    There's a stock file here if you want to take a look:
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...20-Raptor-File

I have nearly no experience in tuning the transmissions, but getting a little more performance shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Welcome and tuning is a great way to really learn more about your vehicle as well as make modification as you would like. You can easily get more performance and adjust the shifting characteristics. The main difference is how you want to learn about it. You can easily spend $1,000 and go through the tuning schools online that will explain everything to you…or you can research and reference online at no cost but have to separate the facts from fiction. At your vehicles level, just adding upgrades will do minimum effects without adjusting all the settings within the vehicle. At times it seems like we are driving computers with wheels now.