Thread: Anyone know of an xdf file i could use with a 2004 grand am gt? ways to find it or..

Potential Tuner

Anyone know of an xdf file i could use with a 2004 grand am gt? ways to find it or..

I cannot find and xdf file for my car and know i'm not at the skill level to make one. I've read that i can use one that closely resembles my bin but i'm unsure where to look. Ls droid read my bin but said theres no cdf for my bin and that writing will result in corrupted files. Can someone help me? I need to get this vehicle on the road. How long does it take to make an xdf file and is there anyone willing to help me make it? Thank you for help or a response.

https://www.google.com/search?tbs=li...r=0&q=ls-droid

Are you trolling, or seriously thinking you'll get help here for non-HP Tuners platforms?

And this: https://www.google.com/search?tbs=li...s.com+ls-droid

10 hits out of seven hundred thousand posts, one of which is the forum's 'search' page, 5 of which are duplicates of two different posts from two users confused about what hardware works with HP Tuners software, and the remainder are from you yourself. There are no LS Droid users here.

You can make *.xdf files with "external software" to use as custom parameters to compliment your pcm.... like i do now

If thats what youre asking ?

.xdf files arent something thats universal for ecms..... theyre made to match a specifical hex address on a specific pcm OS.

And asking for help or anything surrounding ***that software*** i see is like a taboo subject on this forum.

Presumably you mean youre trying to build a custom OS. This also isnt the place for help with that subject unfortunately friend

Nothing taboo, it's just like going on the Ebay support forums and asking what's up with that Amazon order you just placed.

i only assumed that was the case because you can use it to essentially go around methods of tuning that otherwise have to be paid for to be learned or be achieved, and thats about the simplest way i can word it without divulging too much information on the topic of it
    Sometimes money isnt an issue, sometimes it is. Sometimes time is an issue, sometimes it isnt. Never at the same time are they both not an issue.
    -79 c10 8.2L th400 holley efi. T6 s480 coming soon.
    -99 lumina 3100, 2 bar- SD60, 255lph, with a T04e
    -03 trailblazer, soon to get a S366