Thread: knock sensor volts

knock sensor volts

It's been awhile since I've done any logging. I believe a tuner told me 1.5V was the upper limit I should shoot for while logging sensor 1 and 2?
    Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Different engines have different thresholds

I've got a TrackHawk I've looked everywhere but i can't find any info.
    Last edited by Metraman; 04-20-2023 at 02:37 PM. Reason: forgot something

General rule of thumb I use is 1.5 for any hemi,
    04 GTX........ 8.91@151mph 392Ci G3Hemi NA 3600lbs 2.6HP/CI Naturally Aspirated
    05 GTxtreme 9:45@142mph 426Ci G3Hemi NA 4000lbs
    G3 Hemi Videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClS...5mXdDR5sOxs10Q

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRam View Post
    General rule of thumb I use is 1.5 for any hemi,
    Thanks it’s been a bit but that’s what I thought

One of the things I log from the start before any mods are done, is knock voltage, I set up a graph to get an idea of what the” as delivered background knock voltage is,, then I add the recorded values to my tune.
    G3 Hemi Videos

Advanced Tuner
    One of the things I log from the start before any mods are done, is knock voltage

I set up a graph to get an idea of what the” as delivered background knock voltage is,,
    That is a great idea. Especially considering what we have for pistons. I dont think putting a scope down the plug hole into ea cyl first would be a bad idea either.

I dont know what 'background knock voltage' is? My scat has uses a 'normal' rpm multiplier for the knock sensor until 3800, then a smaller high rpm multiplier above that 3800, AND a filter on top of that. But the filter is not applied below a certain coolant temp OR above a certain aircharge temp. For some reason the filter comes on earlier in the trucks than it does in the scats. Can you explain the graph?

It’s going to be a video in a few days, I have a lot going on today and tomorrow, but I plan on getting a follow up to the ve videos tomorrow night, and Thursday night will be a short knock video
    G3 Hemi Videos

Tuner in Training
    It?s going to be a video in a few days, I have a lot going on today and tomorrow, but I plan on getting a follow up to the ve videos tomorrow night, and Thursday night will be a short knock video
    Thanks for the ve table video purple, ill have to take a look and make sure im doing it right. I too am looking forward to the info on knock sensor stuff, If you get the chance to, theres a noticeable lack of spark tuning stuff on youtube for gen3 (especially 2006-2012) hemi engines, and id love to be sure I'm doing that right too. ^_^