Thread: Channels Disappearing When Scanning Started

Potential Tuner

Channels Disappearing When Scanning Started

I opened a ticket(94580) over a week ago, but haven't heard anything back, so thought I would see if anyone here might have some ideas.

I have a 2019 Mustang GT with Whipple stage 2, and when using VCM Scanner, I have some channels in my list that disappear as soon as I start scanning. I've noticed that in the Channel Selector, these channels always show up twice(see pics), and even though I only select one of them, it will highlight both as if I've selected both. This is using a MPVI2+ with pro features enabled, using a cable and not the standalone logging, and Pro link is not being used. I'm not great at explaining things so hopefully this makes sense.

So far the following are the channels that I'm having the issue with:

Mass Airflow Period.
    DI End of Pulse Injection Angle (Intake).
    DI Start of Injecion (Intake).
    Fuel Rail Pressure Actual.

I'm sure there are more, but these are just the ones that I'm trying to work with at the moment.

Here's a list of things that I've tried:

3 different laptops, one with Windows 11(new build) and two with Windows 10.
    Uninstalling VCM Suite, deleting all associated directories and cleaning the registry then installing latest beta software.
    Latest firmware on the device.
    3 different cables.
    Deleting everthing in Document>HPTuners>VCMScanner>Vehicles, and repolling.
    Flashing the car back to stock, still happens.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Potential Tuner
    I don't have a solution, but I do have a similar problem as you. I am running VCM Suite 5.0.4 and I have lost channels for Knock Retard, Spark Retard, Inj Pulse Width and others. I have not had this issue with the older 4.12.4 version of the software that I have on an old tuning laptop. I haven't flashed my car since the VCM Studio version change. May be some software bug in their latest release?

I have MPVI2+ on a LS2 C6 Vette, mild bolt ons. No Pro, no external channels. I have also submitted a ticket, so if I get any updates from support I'll let you know, and would be very curious to hear if you get any updates.

VCMScan_NoKR_NoInj.PNG
    Last edited by zzyx7; 04-22-2023 at 01:24 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for replying. As soon as I read it, I started scouring my computer for a pre-5.0 version and managed to find an install for version 4.12.4, got it installed and it's working fine, so I'll update my ticket with this info and hopefully, not too far in the future, they'll get it fixed. I'll keep you updated.

Tuner
    Version 4.12.4 still working OK?

Potential Tuner
    It's still working for me thankfully. Other than me asking for an update last week, and the guy telling me he has no update but try the latest beta(beta still doesn't work), HP Tuners hasn't bothered to give me any sort of feedback or updates in over a month, so I'm guessing that they have no plans to address the issue anytime soon. If you're having the same issues with the scanner, don't lose that install for version 4.12.4. You may be needing it for awhile.

BrokenVet, we'll take a look at this next week.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Potential Tuner
    Thank you. I really appreciate it.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    BrokenVet, we'll take a look at this next week.
    Thanks..

Tuner
    Been through same thing. Ended up going back to a 4 series of HPTuner. Good so far.. I couldn't even get latest BETA to install.

Tuner in Training
    Is there a repository somewhere of old versions of HPTuner?