Hello all,
I've got a 2006 Chrysler 300 SRT8 pretty much stock except it's running E85. I've recently installed a 3800 stall torque converter and replaced the stock NAG1 with a "40k miles 2014 NAG1" (mileage so I'm told) along with a scat pack 3.09 rear cradle. I've been working with some of the downshift properties in the tune without any success (both on engine and trans side) of alleviating this terrible 5-3 downshift. It's almost as if the car is getting hung up trying to speed match with the torque converter unlocked, and then it slams into 3rd gear (after which it's happy in 3rd gear and accelerates nicely). During the 5-3 downshift I see "current gear" transition between multiple "Unknown:" followed by a string of 2-bit hex values. My data logs with the old transmission do not have this signal for me to compare, but for sure this behavior didn't exist.

I do think I was spoiled - The trans I pulled out of the car allegedly had a Ding's Racing valve body in it, and that trans had extremely fast downshifts (5-3, 5-2, 4-1) that I'm no longer experiencing with this transmission. Depending on the discussion here I would like to swap that valve body into this transmission with a new conductor plate, but potentially this trans (Valve body, conductor plate) is toast. I have been religiously checking the fluid level and fluid color/composition and all looks pretty good/in spec. I also have not had any issues on the 1-2, 2-3, 3-4 WOT upshifts so I am pretty confident that the clutch packs are in good shape.

I've attached my current tune and a short data log of the 2.2 second 5-3 downshift if anyone wanted to take a look.

Thanks in advance

2Second5_3_Downshift.hpl
(E9) - UpdatedShiftPoints_21DS_Adapts.hpt