Thread: New to the VAG world, A3 8V 2.0T

Potential Tuner

New to the VAG world, A3 8V 2.0T

Hi all, I just bought a 2015 A3 2.0T quattro. I used to drive and tune GM LS1 and LS2 back many many years ago. I'm totally new to the VAG world. I'm still getting used to the turbo, DSG and AWD. I don't have all that back then.

My car is totally stock at the moment. Planning to add IE intake, IC and a 3" catback. Coming from a completely different platform, I have no clue where the tables go and what they means. Can someone kind enough to point me to the right direction how to add some HP and TQ, also do some DSG tune with the Normal and Sport mode. My goal is to get my own stg 1 tune once I've the mod done and optimize add the mod.

I attached a base pull on the freeway and the stock file. Much appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jasonblonde; 04-21-2023 at 01:24 PM.

You can generally creep up the power by increasing the Max torque at clutch tables. This will start increasing the boost to hit the target torque. These cars use exhaust temp protection for fueling so you may want to use the HPDI lambda table or the power enrichment to do your own enrichment curve. Keep an eye on KR and you'll eventually hit the max turbo speed and compressor outlet temp limiters.
    Previous
    2007 Mustang GT w/ Whipple supercharger
    2013 Focus ST
    2016 Volkswagen GTI

Current
    2019 Golf R