Thread: '22 Mustang GT FBO Comp Cams + new Holley intake, Results Dyno proven best Cam angles

Advanced Tuner

'22 Mustang GT FBO Comp Cams + new Holley intake, Results Dyno proven best Cam angles

2022GT cams and Holley Tune results.JPG

FBO car on E85 (tests 80%)
    Kooks longtubes, full aftermarket exhaust
    Highest Comp Cams NSR, retaining phasers
    ugpraded valve springs, GT350 tensioners, chains, electric water pump
    New Holley 300-912 short-ram intake. Performs like the Cobra Jet or better from my results
    No fancy TB, just the $250 untouched Bullitt. The Holley offers provision for the cheaper round TBs unlike cobrajet

3 dyno runs shown: FBO with stock intake & TB. First pull at dyno shop, cam tuning same as stock cams. Final adjusted tune, plenty of power results from intake and surpisingly on the exhaust side too.

Tune files attached: Dyno pull 1. Final pull. Corresponding log files also included.

7th gear with the wheel speed the dyno was getting noise injected from suspension/driveline. We did most of the tuning in 6th and it got smooth charts (comparison also shown) I actually made near 500 SAE in 6th.

Hopefully this helps the community some. I was adjusting intake timing across the board and now realize I was starting from beyond the -20 limit from 5200rpm and lower. I wish had some test data with more positive phaser positions than -20 in that 3000-5200rpm range. I should have realized this as we did see the dyno graph change beginning to show changes from a certain rpm point.
    Last edited by deanm11; 04-21-2023 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Adding 6th vs. 7th gear
    Formerly tuned LS motors with hpt
    Now tuning "Full Bolt On" 2022 Mustang GT A10 on "E70"

Advanced Tuner
    mass air shows 480 hp my stocks cams made more with my tune and cobra jet

Advanced Tuner
    Will report track results. This dyno isn't lying.

I don't know why my mass air reads low.

Quote Originally Posted by paulsmithsr View Post
    mass air shows 480 hp my stocks cams made more with my tune and cobra jet
    MAF 490 lb actually makes way over 500hp crank BUT that is on 93. He is running on E80 so 49 lb means he is doing way over 550 crank.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    MAF 490 lb actually makes way over 500hp crank BUT that is on 93. He is running on E80 so 49 lb means he is doing way over 550 crank.
    Thank you for that. I see my trims are a little positive too so a bit over 50. Comparing to the log when I made 460s, MAF is +4lb or so. (that pre-cams/Holley log attached)

I know my speed density and torque tables need lots of work. But I've demonstrated I can make WOT command the key parameters to at least get WOT optimum, more or less.
    My manifold absolute pressure readings are low (sometimes like 13.3 or so psi) for this reason it seems. It skews my load a bit wrong.

I believe I have some WOT power in the table in PE enrichment, or at least I now see I didn't actually test any richer than 0.85-0.86 at top end.

I had dropped my WOT enrich tables down .03 which would put me at 0.82 lamda at top rpm to see if it was worth anything.
    I now see from the logs that my actual wideband EQ ratios were never getting better than 0.86 up top, before after the attempted change. And richer lower actually, the opposite of the direction of the table by RPM.
    This is all while fuel source stays Power Demand Enrich. If this was a fueling limit of some kind, I would expect the trims to go max enrich.
    Attached Files Attached Files

What’s the Log saying in Air load vs Maf LB ?

Also i have Read a lot of roomers saying the Problem with the new Holley intake

It’s 2 Piece so there will be many reasons for Vacuum Leaks

V2 Cobra jet is the King

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo tuner View Post
    What’s the Log saying in Air load vs Maf LB ?

Also i have Read a lot of roomers saying the Problem with the new Holley intake

It’s 2 Piece so there will be many reasons for Vacuum Leaks

V2 Cobra jet is the King
    I'm peaking about 50.3lbs/min (adjusted by trims) while air load is 0.882 at that time. Again, my VE / torque tables aren't really tuned. I'm at least just getting cams/spark and fuel at WOT and dyno results on a well calibrated dynjoet for now. (I've used and run on this dyno for over 25 years) I did notice I messed up my update of the intake volume in the tune I brought to the dyno. Per Holley it's only 8.2liters. Might be another reason I was getting low air load.

The stock Bullitt throttle body isn't near the flow/opening of the oval TBs people are using on Cobrajet. Yet I have the Holley putting putting out as good or better power than Comp Cams + CJ that I can find anywhere. V2 CJ is king - maybe, any documentation? I love good data.

Advanced Tuner
    "Tuned" up the tune with the ability to scrutinize the dynojet files and log files.
    Fixed my PE not going below 0.85/0.86. It was too high a minimum combustion stability.
    Fixed intake volume, also reverted 38151 IVO to VCT back to stock. I had made 21-25 same angle which caused those mapped points to be used evenly at that angle.

Revised tune & log attached.

On a moderate to longer pull, Manifold Absolute Pressure will drift down to about 13.5psi and then recover. Same thing on dyno. I'm trying to figure out whether this is a
    physical/mechanical issue or not. The Holley intake was missing the throttle body o-ring so I do have the Bullitt TB just bolted alluminum face to alluminum face with nothing in the o-ring groove.
    Attached Files Attached Files

You pushing to much spark, pistons might go into "rattle disintegration mode"...let the knock advance add spark.

You need to work on VCT on top, it has a "rising tendency" so there is more there.

Fuel trims need some attention above 4k rpm.

Your Mapped Point weighing...this is not how its done...

Advanced Tuner
    For 250. I have 500 plus runnng perfect