Thread: 2.3 EcoBoost external boost control

Tuner in Training

2.3 EcoBoost external boost control

Good day everyone. I am starting on a race-prepped Ecoobost Mustang. This car will use an external boost control system (dome pressure), not the factory control. What is the best way to disable/override the factory controls? This system has always been complicated with over-boost and under-boost. I did a quick search and didn't find anything, and I'm sure someone out there has done something similar.

Thanks as always for your time, and I appreciate any thoughts.
    Bryan Mundy
    #MundyTuned
    www.mundytuned.com

Advanced Tuner
    Might be as simple as enabled manual wastegate mode, but the unfortunate fact is, even if you disable the stock wastegate control, you'll likely be fighting severe throttle closure.

Best to work with the system and whatever gate you're using, or run a standalone.

Tuner in Training
    Yes, I'm working on it now and seeing throttle closure after a second or so at WOT. There has to be a way to just override it and let the throttle run 100%. It's not going to be possible to go back to the OEM setup on this car.
    Bryan Mundy
    #MundyTuned
    www.mundytuned.com

Advanced Tuner
    Could try using the pedal follower, that's supposed to emulate a cable throttle, but I've seen a lot of undesirable affects from using that... But then again, the same could be said about removing factory wastegate control as well, so what's a little more, right? lol

Tuner in Training
    Thanks! I got it all sorted. I didn't use the pedal follower at all. I spent about 2 hours getting rid of limits. Once it was completed it was pretty awesome, in fact, I think it would be nice to tune more of them with external control. The trans brake function is pretty awesome with BOOOOST!
    Bryan Mundy
    #MundyTuned
    www.mundytuned.com

Potential Tuner
    Could you share more on how you accomplished this? I?m looking to do the same.