Thread: 02 S10 4.3 W/ Hanging Rpms

Potential Tuner

02 S10 4.3 W/ Hanging Rpms

2002 Chevy S10 with the 4.3, was originally an automatic truck but has been swapped to a NV3500 manual. I got HPTuners so I could fix the computer side of things on the swap, and was able to get CELs and a few other problems solved easily. I currently am having what I think is a throttle follower or throttle cracker problem, since the rpms won't fall immediately off throttle when I push the clutch in. Even leaving in gear, the truck will keep some throttle for maybe a second before slowing down. I've messed with these settings a little bit and have improved them, where up to 30~ mph it doesn't occur, but past that it makes upshifting quite a challenge since the rpm's won't fall like they should. Would appreciate some insight on what I need to log differently or change in the tune. Thanks

It's a mostly stock tune, other than the speedometer, speed limiter, and PE tables have been slightly adjusted. S10 drive v2.2.hpl S10.ManualV2.2.hpt

Senior Tuner
    There's a tune for a 2002 4.3 S10 with the NV3500 on the repository. Throttle cracker and follower have a couple tables that are different.

Potential Tuner
    I am using parts of that tune, the hanging rpms were worse with that tune then even the automatic tables.

Tuner
    Maybe look at Intregal under idle/rpm. I had a problem with my LS tune stalling with a stick and added some air where maybe you need to take some air away.
    Last edited by gnnova; 04-24-2023 at 08:34 AM.