Thread: Reduced Engine Power tuning?

Tuner in Training

Reduced Engine Power tuning?

I know this is the last thing on anybody's mind, but the one time I tried to adjust Electronic Throttle settings, the truck (2012 tahoe) hit REP mode. Dangerously slow! Any issues bumping up the max throttle from 6% to say 20% or so? I notice there is a spark timing map for REP mode also.. I don't intend to ever enter that mode again, but you never know what might happen..

Is that one of the tables with the 'DO NOT MODIFY THIS TABLE' warning at the bottom?

I often mod REP section in my tunes just in case it happens you’ll be able to drive it at normal speeds

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    I often mod REP section in my tunes just in case it happens you’ll be able to drive it at normal speeds
    That seems like a huge liability issue on your part. REP is to protect against a run away ETC among other things.

Tuner in Training
    Well it says this..

ECM] 33034 - Desired Throttle Area - RedPwr: Reduced Power Mode Desired throttle area based on pedal position and RPM or VSS (pedal to throttle map). WARNING!!! Modify this table at OWN RISK. Incompatibility of this calibration with the vehicle TAC module calibration may render PCM permanently inoperable.

-----

Exactly the reasons Ben Charles stated.. 6% is crawling slow.. when it happens in the middle of the road, I would like to be able to safely pull over at least!

What is the TAC module calibration? Since modifying the ETC tables caused the REP in the first place.. And it could brick the PCM.. I'm probably too chicken to mess with it..

Which models did you tune Ben Charles? If I knew it had been done on the same ECM/OS...

Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    That seems like a huge liability issue on your part. REP is to protect against a run away ETC among other things.
    It’s not when they can drive it normal, as we all know REP damn near puts you in a situation where you need a tow truck.. if the person can drive there vehicle home that’s a plus

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

If you mess with driver demand tables, you have to also change the variable tables the ecm is looking at to put the vehicle in REP mode. Upping parameters that are being watched by the ecm only works when the ecm knows to allow more or you can turn codes off but that's the wrong way to go about it in my eyes.........
    2018 Camaro SS, LT4 Fuel System, LT4 S/C
    2020 Ford Edge ST (93-E85 flex fuel tune)
    1999 Pontiac Firehawk
    1987 Chevy Caprice, 6.0L TT 4L80 AWD
    ***Only AWD box chevy in the world***
    Next Level Tuning and Performance
    Tuning email: [email protected]

Tuner in Training
    I have heard everyone who uses a throttle pedal commander/booster device always seems to like it. So I was trying to recreate that in tune.. Until I hit REP the first time!

Is the "area rate limits - opening rate" what sets the REP when I modify the ETC Desired throttle area map? My Tahoe is set to 1,4,8 at the beginning of 1st gear, all other cells are 100.
    I notice in a corvette tune, every cell is 100.

Adjusting my shift schedules really has taken care of things, but I am curious what limits the ETC settings..