Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inj data

Tuner in Training

Inj data

could someone check out my inj data, 07 suburban (e38) 5.3 whipple,cam full exhaust ls7 MAF
    im hitting the lb/hr limit on the MAF and im assuming i shouldnt be hitting the limit
    GM inj 12613412
    Attached Files Attached Files

Injector data is close enough that that's not your problem. How confident are you that the injectors are what they claim to be, and not fakes? Where'd they come from?

Tuner in Training
    The first tuner had very different data in it and someone pointed it out and helped me with it so I wanted to make sure it was right? The injectors came with the supercharger kit from whipple they said they are GM injectors, no brand stamped on them so idk, also been fighting a lean bank 1 about 4 to 6% so injectors might be questionable, had some exhaust leaks witch are mostly fixed except 1 small leak off the header, I also have a feeling I'm maxed out on the spark table but not sure how to tell I just know at wot it's up at 1.36 ( I believe is topped out)

If there's no markings on the injectors how do you know they're 12613412s? Real legit injectors have plain, clear markings.

screenshot.27-10-2022 10.25.09.png

Tuner in Training
    There is no brand name but are marked
    R02
    Black bottom oring and blue upper oring

If you're maxing your maf hz data, then you need a larger intake pipe to lower the MAF readings down. Or tune it in SD and remove the MAF. If it's you lb/hr like you stated, then make the injector data smaller than they are or get larger injectors. What's your max injector duty cycle at WOT? Sounds like they flow less than what is claimed.
    2018 Camaro SS, LT4 Fuel System, LT4 S/C
    2020 Ford Edge ST (93-E85 flex fuel tune)
    1999 Pontiac Firehawk
    1987 Chevy Caprice, 6.0L TT 4L80 AWD
    ***Only AWD box chevy in the world***
    Next Level Tuning and Performance
    Tuning email: [email protected]

Tuner in Training
    I have plenty of HZ left to the MAF, it has a card style ls7 MAF with a 4 inch tube, and it's Max's out at 4,063 Lb/h, I plan on bigger injectors just don't have the money yet, I have everything else for the fuel system ready to go, and off the top of my head I believe around 85% duty cycle, the previous tuner had them flowing at like 41 at 58 psi and I never maxed out on the lb/h in the maf

85% duty cycle, those injectors are tapped out if stock GM ones. Injector Dynamics or high quality brand, then I would push them some. Is your fuel pressure dropping and you're forcing fuel with high lb/hr numbers? Those are the only 2 reasons I see with your issue, out of injector or fuel pressure drop. Put a mechanical gauge on the rail and video it if needed during a pull. On the dyno, I just have an employee stand there and tell me. Otherwise, tape or ziptie your phone in the engine bay for video on the street.....

I don't trust ecm fuel pressure data when solving issues. Mechanical gauge that I know works accurately..
    2018 Camaro SS, LT4 Fuel System, LT4 S/C
    2020 Ford Edge ST (93-E85 flex fuel tune)
    1999 Pontiac Firehawk
    1987 Chevy Caprice, 6.0L TT 4L80 AWD
    ***Only AWD box chevy in the world***
    Next Level Tuning and Performance
    Tuning email: [email protected]

Tuner in Training
    I plan on ordering from injector dynamic, and I just hooked up a fuel pressure gauge, I want to say it looked like I was around 56ish psi at 5,400 rpm, I'll do a pull tomorrow to make sure where it's at, my gauge runs off a pressure sensor on the fuel rail

IFR table higher than actual will flow less fuel... lower than actual will flow more.

50lb-hr 58psi returnless w/15lbs boost is enough for like 650 crank HP. With less boost they'll support more than that since it's not referenced.

Tuner in Training
    Ok I think I get what your saying, so if I have higher data in the IFR then I will actually flow less so like you already said I should lower those values?
    I'm only pushing 5 lbs of boost, truck dynoed at 408 to the wheels with my old tune witch my opinion was dialed down, I have a duel walbro 450 pump setup with 8an feed and 6an returne and a boost reference regulator but was waiting till I got injectors to install it all

Injector data is not a tuning aid. If the injectors don't match the data being used, one or the other should change. If the injectors are real genuine 12613412s then the data in your file is close enough to correct. If the data needs to be fiddled to make them work then they are not what they claim to be.

I get very slightly different numbers in some cells when I do the conversion from the late E38/L96 source file to your early E38, but it's close enough that the normal MAF/VVE tuning should be able to cover it.

Your MAF tables are double or more than double what's in a stock LC9 file. And it's set up for MAF-only.

What is this combo, what boost does it make/is it supposed to make? Is this an over-1000 HP deal or something?

Well if you have a referenced regulator, the injector data probably should not be set up as if it was still returnless/nonreferenced, like it is now.

Tuner in Training
    I understand what your saying, they didn't come with paperwork and whipple said the are gm injectors now wether they actually are idk, the original tune was setup for MAF only over 1,500 rpm ( I will post the tune that the first tuner did and didn't finish) I'm still working on my VVE witch it why it's still in MAF only the truck is my daily driver

Tuner in Training
    The boost reference regulator is not installed yet so it's running off of the stock regulator and pump,
    It's a 5.3 stock bottom end rebuild, TSP stage 3 came 216/220 600/600, LS7 lifters trunnion kit upgraded pushrods, 1" 7/8 long tube headers 3" catless ypipe 3" corsa exhaust, 4l80e swap with 2400-2600 stall, the kit whipple said should make 7 or 8 psi of boost on a stock platform, from what I've researched I should be at about 5-6 psi ( boost gauge reads 5 psi) pully size is 3.85, before I did the build I figured this setup should have me around 600 to 650 at the crank

Senior Tuner
    This sounds like it might be short on fuel pressure at wide open. I'd take the time to verify before moving forward on anything else.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    this is what the first tuner had setup with inj data
    Attached Files Attached Files

Well 12613412 is not 41.9lbs at 400 kPa delta.

When I do the conversion from 2010 L96 data, this is the amount of difference from your 'LS7 MAF' file in the first post:

screenshot.24-04-2023 11.09.11.png

(just to note, with no FPCM and a fixed 58psi at all times, it's only using the parts of the tables in the boxes - boost above atmo to the left of 400kPa, vacuum to the right of 400kPa. outside that range you'd have to have either more than 10psi boost or variable fuel pressure.)

Tuner in Training
    ok i see what you mean by its not far off, and thats why i didnt think the data was right in the first tune since they are supposed to be at 50ish lbs at 58psi, im still learning when it comes to tuning so i still dont understand everything, that being said is there any need to touch the VE Coefficients when applying fuel injector data? cause there are a few things this guy changed when he helped me with the inj data that didnt make sence to me

Tuner in Training
    Fuel pressure in 1st gear at 5,500 rpms was down to 50psiwhen I let off of it