Thread: 6l90 help

Potential Tuner

6l90 help

i have a 2013 chevy 2500 6.0 with a 6l90 motor has dod and vvt delete stage 2 btr truck cam and 243 heads took it and had it tuned and 2 days short of 3 weeks after my trans started throwing a p0700 code [i know its a generic code but its the only one it throws] and neutraling out while in drive but only after its ran and im in traffic or normally driving if i drive on the highway its fine until i start going through town had trans rebuilt because where they typically have troubles with pump and converter whenever we got inside the trans all internals looked brand new but still rebuilt anyway also added a 2800 stall converter still having the same issue was told could be speed sensor so i replaced that and still having the issue any idea if it could be tune related or has anyone ran into this before? any help is appreciated

Are you using a scan tool that reads the codes from the TCM? The P0700 usually sets in the ECM when there's TCM codes present. HP Tuners doesn't read TCM codes that I recall. So if not using another scanner, I would find one and see what the TCM is saying specifically

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle_Customizer View Post
    Are you using a scan tool that reads the codes from the TCM? The P0700 usually sets in the ECM when there's TCM codes present. HP Tuners doesn't read TCM codes that I recall. So if not using another scanner, I would find one and see what the TCM is saying specifically
    no my scan tool dont read tcm codes and i was told that hp does so i wasnt sure ill try to find one to do it tomorrow and see what it says

Tuner in Training
    Do the ECM and TCM calibrations match? Is this in a swap or in the original vehicle?

Senior Tuner
    Was the TCM replaced when the transmission was rebuilt?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bignick View Post
    Do the ECM and TCM calibrations match? Is this in a swap or in the original vehicle?
    its the original vehicle only thing swapped was the motor

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    Was the TCM replaced when the transmission was rebuilt?
    yes it was

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by notadmax View Post
    yes it was
    How was it reprogrammed?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    How was it reprogrammed?
    my tuner sent me a file to write it with