Thread: No engine RPMs or oil pressure signal for E67 crate pcm?

Tuner in Training

No engine RPMs or oil pressure signal for E67 crate pcm?

I have a crate motor from GM with ECM PN#19354333

When I connect VCM Scanner, I get no engine RPMs and no oil pressure reading...the motor is running so something is obviously not correct.

I have watched the VCM Scanner video course half a dozen times, and I do not see where I could have screwed this up, but one thing does come to mind that of course the video does not address, much less explain.

When I added the engine oil pressure channel, I got a prompt regarding something about a "generic" channel or sensor. I selected "OK" for the "generic" option.
    Is that the problem here? I can't imagine why this would need special configuration for a standard OEM oil pressure sensor on a brand new motor using a brand new OEM harness and ECU.

What's the problem here?

Tuner in Training
    Ended up removing the oil pressure sensor and installing a mechanical gauge so I could verify oil pressure.
    Upon re-installing the sensor and starting the car, magically VCM Scanner now shows oil pressure AND engine RPMs. I did not touch anything in any menu. Simply reconnected and it magically works now. Wonderful, I can't wait to find out what else requires magic.