Thread: 2013 camaro no start after vats disabled

Potential Tuner

2013 camaro no start after vats disabled

I'm having an issue with a 2013 camaro that won't start. You turn the key and everything comes on but it doesn't do anything when you try to start it. I figure it was the security system causing the issue because the battery was disconnected while some body work was done to the back of the car.
    I downloaded the stock tune and went in and disabled the vats 1 and vats2 under the OS tab. Then I wrote it to the ecm using write entire. Afterwards I turned the key off opened the door like i usually do after writing to the ecm. Then tried to start the car but nothing happened. The security light is still on, the key fob unlocks the doors and everything so I assume it's still programmed to the car but it just won't start it. I'm kinda scratching my head as to what I'm missing. Or if there's something else I need to turn off. Would deleting vats still allow the BCM to activate the security system?

Quote Originally Posted by kustomd View Post
    I'm having an issue with a 2013 camaro that won't start. You turn the key and everything comes on but it doesn't do anything when you try to start it. I figure it was the security system causing the issue because the battery was disconnected while some body work was done to the back of the car.
    I downloaded the stock tune and went in and disabled the vats 1 and vats2 under the OS tab. Then I wrote it to the ecm using write entire. Afterwards I turned the key off opened the door like i usually do after writing to the ecm. Then tried to start the car but nothing happened. The security light is still on, the key fob unlocks the doors and everything so I assume it's still programmed to the car but it just won't start it. I'm kinda scratching my head as to what I'm missing. Or if there's something else I need to turn off. Would deleting vats still allow the BCM to activate the security system?
    broo you need WRITEEEE ENTIREEEE