Thread: HELP! Dipping idle woes...

HELP! Dipping idle woes...

Hey all. I'm not a super savvy Gen-5 tuner by any means. I ran into a small issue with a 2020 Camaro I need some help with. I feel like I'm making changes that aren't helpful.

This car runs and idles pretty good. Small throttle blips are no problem. The issue is, when coming down from high revs (+3000), it wants to overshoot the idle target. It'll catch itself and recover pretty fast without oscillating a lot, but I know it can be better. I've been messing with the virtual torque tables around that idle area...pulling torque to hope to correct the issue, but it just doesn't seem to be helping. I'm not sure if I need to be doing other stuff, tweaking non-idle torque areas also, etc.

Can someone tell me a better way to log, track, and fix this with data versus just guessing?

Many thanks!

Log and tune file:
    blips5.hpl
    TUNE_testvtq_timing_blips5_p0300_0018.hpt

Potential Tuner
    I?m having the same problem but in my case it?s a 15 silv L83 with a TSP S2v1 cam otherwise all stock. Im going to try to figure it out now. Will update again later

Tuning Addict
    Need to focus on the 900 and 1200 rows. You can also play with DD and base airflow (last column), but if it needs the base airflow adjusted there then it's probably wrong before that too. Also look at the VVE table and make sure fueling is right coming down to it.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC