Thread: Low Cyl Airmass

Tuner in Training

Low Cyl Airmass

Hey guys,

I'm trying to do some initial logs on my truck and I'm curious if I'm logging the proper cylinder airmass PID. I've seen sample logs running up to 1g, but my logs seem to top out at 0.68g. Am I logging the wrong info or is 0.68g expected for a stock 4.8

Thanks,

Log is attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Is the throttle opening to only 38.7% with the pedal on the floor? Or is that a logging oddity and it's really opening all the way?

Tuner in Training
    I just noticed that myself. I did a few short WOT pulls. Looking back at previous logs it's registering up to 87% pedal on the floor. Maybe I'm logging too many things at once and it's slowing down the read time?

No, not logging nearly enough, really. There are a bunch of throttle PIDs, for APP, APP Effective, Throttle Desired, Throttle Commanded, etc. And Delivered Torque & Trans Current Gear are really useful in general.
    Last edited by blindsquirrel; 04-27-2023 at 04:05 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Looks like I was logging the wrong throttle PID. Strange I'm getting three different numbers.
    Any idea on the cyl airmass reading?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tuner
    I've seen on here to never use the SAE pids for APP or Throttle on GM vehicles.