Thread: Mpvi3

Advanced Tuner

Mpvi3

Trying to contact customers services to see about buying the MPVI3 but can?t reach anyone, I?ve sent in a email with no reply. For the cost of your products, one would think we would be able to reach customer service more easily? I want to buy the MPVI3 and keep my MPVI2 but I haven?t found any info on the site if we are able to do so without turning in our MPVI2. Can we get an answer soon? Also, we see them for sell on Amazon and wanted to know if you guys support these from Amazon or only from HPtuners?
    By the prickle of my thumb something wicked this way comes!2008 Chrysler 300c! 2013 heads/220/230 comp cam/LTheaders/FTI 2600 stall converter.

You can buy the MPVI3 and keep your current device but any credits will not transfer since they are licensed to a specific device. They might make you a special deal but that's between you and them.

Advanced Tuner
    Ok that’s cool. Once we purchased credits for the MPVI3 WE WILL BE ABLE TO USE EITHER THE 2 or the 3 to tune the same vehicle?
    By the prickle of my thumb something wicked this way comes!2008 Chrysler 300c! 2013 heads/220/230 comp cam/LTheaders/FTI 2600 stall converter.

Senior Tuner
    Don't think so. The credits are locked to a device,

Advanced Tuner
    Was trying to buy it today but still waiting for Customer service to confirm. Also wanted to know if they are planning on fazing out the 2 and rendering the 2 inoperable?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
    Don't think so. The credits are locked to a device,
    Even if we buy new credits for the 3 and still have the credit on the2 for that same vehicle? The MPVI2 is the original one that we are using to tune the car.

Advanced Tuner
    You would think that customer service would reply a little faster when trying to purchase their products. I appreciate the fact that you are helping! Just need to know if they are planning on faxing out the MPVI2 anytime soon?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo2gnx View Post
    Even if we buy new credits for the 3 and still have the credit on the2 for that same vehicle? The MPVI2 is the original one that we are using to tune the car.
    No, if you license the vehicle (use additional credits) you should be able to use either one. Not sure why you would want to though.

Tuner in Training
    I think i saw where hpt will let you trade your mpvi in and they will transfer your license you have to the new device.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
    No, if you license the vehicle (use additional credits) you should be able to use either one. Not sure why you would want to though.
    Because my son is in Orlando and I’m in Miami. If we need to change the tune on the car, I could create a tune for him to try and he’ll be able to write to the vehicle, that’s the only reason. It’s only two vehicles that we are playing with for the last year. We are not tuners just a mechanic trying to learn and have a little fun at the same time. Right now the tranny is stuck in limp mode in 4th gear and we don’t know why! No codes for the transmission nor abs. He’s gonna check the harness connector at the Tranny to see if there transmission fluid present at the connector. I e used to have the ABS and traction control lights on because we turned them of in the tune but now none of those lights are on anymore and in limp mode. If this doesn’t work, I have to drive up there to look at it and that’s something I don’t want to do!

Senior Tuner
    I think there are issues with editing and viewing logs between using the 3 and 2. This may just be an issue with the editor & scanner programs and not actually the device. I have to have the a newer version of the software to review tunes and logs posted by users of a 3. I don't know how of the interactions work between 2 & 3 for writing the different files from different versions.
    Last edited by gtstorey; 04-29-2023 at 10:39 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Ok! I was told that we can’t send files and use between the two! Nothing from the MPVI2 will work with the MPVI3 and vise versa. Would’ve been nice to be able to do so. So now I won’t be able to help him out because I want have any device.��

I can't speak of every vehicle but on early GM vehicles, you can use the current software (version 5) on ANY MPVI device since at least the MPVI2 and I think the MPVI 1 supports it as well. Since the software is free, you should be able to use the same level of software and move between the devices - at least I can across multiple vehicles I own and they aren't all GM.

Senior Tuner
    You lose certain functionality over emissions related parameters if you upgrade to the newer software.

I have had no issues at my shop using the MPVI 3 or 2 and writing the same files with either one.

www.n2speed.com
    http://www.amp4x4.com
    [email protected]

Dodge And GM Tuning Suppport
    Diablosport CMR | HP Tuners

I haven't had issues with any changes on early GM vehicles using VCM version 5 after I took the EPA course. Some of my early Trans Ams are only used off road and I have the ability to change anything. I haven't done anything to disable any EPA stuff with my usual street vehicles which are all newer than my Trans Ams. I can't say if anything is disabled using the new software on specific vehicles beyond what I use off road.

Potential Tuner
    I got mine from Amazon just yesterday.