Thread: Airflow Tuning

Tuner in Training

Airflow Tuning

Do you adjust the throttle body airflow as you would MAF tuning? Or do you just adjust the VE table?
    Help me out here Please

2021 Can am Defender HD8

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike P3 View Post
    Do you adjust the throttle body airflow as you would MAF tuning? Or do you just adjust the VE table?
    Help me out here Please

2021 Can am Defender HD8
    Adjust the VE table, or sea level table, do not adjust the TB table with a stock tb

Tuner in Training
    Ok thanks

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by MRRPMBRP View Post
    Adjust the VE table, or sea level table, do not adjust the TB table with a stock tb
    OK, I got a EQ Error graph and a wideband installed in the o2 sensor port. I am trying to log but its not going to be correct data. accel goes rich decel goes lean.
    what do i need to do to log the data to make changes to VE table. Can you give me a hand please your the only one out there that i know that knows.

Tuner in Training
    Logged data anyway without DFCO turned off and it was lean mid and heavy throttle so i used the sea level table and added 10% fuel got me in the safe zone and going from there.

Advanced Tuner
    Logged data anyway without DFCO turned off and it was lean mid and heavy throttle so i used the sea level table and added 10% fuel got me in the safe zone and going from there.
    ALWAYS do a dual cylinder tune on a Can Am V-Twin, they are NEVER the same.
    DFCO can't be turned off with HPT yet, I've been on them to do this, but nothing yet.
    I use the VE table, not the sea level table, but both will adjust fuel.

Tuner in Training
    I'm willing to do the work of installing sensor bungs, but is there any gains in changing fueling? Is it worth it on a 21 Defender HD8 with only a slip on MBRP muffler?

Advanced Tuner
    I'm willing to do the work of installing sensor bungs, but is there any gains in changing fueling? Is it worth it on a 21 Defender HD8 with only a slip on MBRP muffler?
    Why adjust the fuel if it isn't right in each cylinder? You could have one 14:1 and one 12:1 and see an average of 13:1. Power left on the table.
    The biggest gains in an 800 is opening the throttle all the way

Tuner in Training
    No I agree, I was saying is there any gains in the VE table to be had. If I do it I'm doing it right and do both banks.

Tuner in Training
    Either way i just bought the sensor bungs and will install them this weekend with the exhaust wrap and MBRP muffler.
    Last edited by Mike P3; 05-01-2023 at 12:29 PM.