Thread: 2014 cadillac 2.0t LTG crank/cam known good waveform and reluctors good position

Potential Tuner

2014 cadillac 2.0t LTG crank/cam known good waveform and reluctors good position

Hi
    I have 2014 Cadillac CTS 2.0t LTG and I am having P228c and P0171 also engine reduce power while cruising. Live data from the Autel MS909 desired rail press 3.0 MPA while actual rail press parameter is showing 0.5 MPA. Tried Active testing the high press pump regulator valve found the actual rail press does not follow the desired. When commanding 20 MPA Desired 10 MPA only. New high press pump from GM, new rail press sensor from GM and after all circuit checked following service information procedures and found nothing. I have tremendous doubt about slipped crankshaft or/and camshaft reluctors after I hooked my uspscope but I don`t have a known good crankshaft/camshafts correlation. Finlay, I re-timed the timing chain with two toothe retard of both camshaft from the manufacturer timing marks, then live data desired corrected and found matching actual but P0016&P0017 continuously triggered after retarding two teeth of the manufacturer timing marks. Please, if any one can help me with know good camshaft/crankshaft correlation waveform and if any one has crankshaft ad camshaft reluctor good position photo. I found GM TSB PIP3423P, N, M and L but not related to 2.0t LTG

Tuner in Training
    P228c and p0171 are not related to cam/crank timing. Did you have any other codes? When you command high pressure pump to max you should hear the pump ticking louder. Check fuel pressure from the low pressure pump in the tank. And if there?s no timing codes put the chains back on correct.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for reply Mike P3
    Low press fuel pump 60 psi under WOT. Yes it was ticking louder when I command to the max press. I will put the chains back on correct. I just wanted to see the effect on the high press pump performance. Actually, I don`t have a known good crank/cams waveform. Kindly, if you have access to Pico scope library or an friend,Ill appreciate Please to send it for me. It a 2014 Cadillac CTS 2.0t LTG engine.

Thanks again for your reply