Thread: 2023 10R80 Tune File

Potential Tuner

2023 10R80 Tune File

Just got back from a business trip, during which I spent quite a bit of time in a 2023 Expedition Limited with the 3.5 Ecoboost with the 10R80. Noticed that Ford changed the shifting characteristics of the newer transmissions considerably over my 2018 F150 10R80. One thing was the skip shift was gone...I only had it skip from 1-3 once in a parking lot and I was off the throttle. I currently have my F150 setup to eliminate the skip shift...but was curious if anyone had a 22'-23' tune file that they could share to take a peek and see what else is different? Stock for stock...the 2023 Expedition shifted much nicer and is how Ford should have set these 10R80's up originally!

Thanks,
    Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by bmpcamry09 View Post
    Here ya go you might like this. I took a 21 F150 file (which has the same trans changes as the newest Expy programming) and implemented the same changes into my 2018 Expedition. The changes from the 21 file I brought to my 18 include the shift scheduling, downshift scheduling, torque convertor lockup settings, and torque management settings. You will still have 1-3 shift under very light load and certain situations like you mentioned, but otherwise it skips So here ya go. Just copy my trans settings over to yours. I also disabled torque based shift scheduling in my file, as I have found that alone fixes a lot of the clunky issues and forces the TCM to use your scheduling.
    Can you share the 21 file please?

Thank you

Advanced Tuner
    I can help with tune and teach u -if needed

Potential Tuner
    Hey I’ve been trying to line mine out and struggling. I’m really interested in looking at this file. Clicking the link says it’s invalid tho. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Potential Tuner
    Awesome thanks much for the quick response! I?ll tinker with it this weekend and let you know how it goes. I won?t be able to just dump the file in it cuz I have a 5.0. But I?m thinking I can still copy and paste tables. Either way I?ll let you know what happens.