Thread: 2016 C7 Z06 - O2/MAP/ECM(?) Issues

Potential Tuner

2016 C7 Z06 - O2/MAP/ECM(?) Issues

Hey everyone. Looking to troubleshoot an issue that's been occurring on my 2016 C7 Z06 (~16000 miles). It's on a stock tune (I double checked this before logging as well) and only has an intake or non-performance mods. Maintenance items are up to date (plugs, wires as well, oil, etc.)

Observed DTCs include:
    U012A - Lost Communication with Chassis Control Module A
    U042B - Invalid Data Received from Chassis Control Module A
    U0100 - Lost Communication with ECM/PCM A
    P0106 - Manifold Absolute Pressure/BARO Sensor Range/Performance (This has only been observed once in the last couple months, may be a fringe case)
    P0300 - Random Misfire Detected (Permanent) (This has been occurring for a couple months. It's accompanied by a blinking check engine indicator for random misfires.)

Some things I've noticed include:
    Consistent, steady speed at low RPM (1500-2500 RPM) causes a blinking check engine light semi-consistently (multiple times per drive).
    MAP seems very, very high in certain places in the logs I'm attaching.
    O2 sensors across both banks die at random intervals together, this seems to cause or be linked to the random misfires (P0300)

I'll upload my full logs here, if anyone wants additional logging done or if I can supply anything else, please let me know. I'm by no means an experienced tuner and haven't modified the vehicle tune-wise, only scanning was done, but I'm willing to try whatever to get this resolved. I'm curious if this is linked to a vacuum leak I can't find or some faulty electronics/sensors.

4-28-23 - p0300 currently.hpt
    60-130s (caused freeze frame).hpl
    Consistent low RPM cruising - Blinking MILs - Historical misfires.hpl
    freeze frame 1 during 60-130.txt
    FreezeFrame.png

Have you checked all your grounds, and fuse blocks?

Flashing CEL is misfire typically. Have you checked for a cracked spark plug? Grounds are tight on the cylinder heads? Any wiring touching the headers and grounding out? It's typical on a 6gen Camaro to burn the wiring harness on the passenger side, but not on Corvette. ECM is seeing a short and shutting down from the network. If it does this all the time, you can start by disconnecting the oxygen sensors and car will go into open loop. See if it will disconnect from the network like that. Could be an internal issue with a sensor after so much heat. I've seen sensors close to the body hit during a hard pull and damage them internally.
    2018 Camaro SS, LT4 Fuel System, LT4 S/C
    2020 Ford Edge ST (93-E85 flex fuel tune)
    1999 Pontiac Firehawk
    1987 Chevy Caprice, 6.0L TT 4L80 AWD
    ***Only AWD box chevy in the world***
    Next Level Tuning and Performance
    Tuning email: [email protected]

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by regorih View Post
    Have you checked all your grounds, and fuse blocks?
    Did this a few weeks ago, just did it again this morning, everything checks out. Checked battery, alternator, starter, and the associated grounds. Checked fuse block too, voltage seemed fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro6 View Post
    Flashing CEL is misfire typically. Have you checked for a cracked spark plug? Grounds are tight on the cylinder heads? Any wiring touching the headers and grounding out? It's typical on a 6gen Camaro to burn the wiring harness on the passenger side, but not on Corvette. ECM is seeing a short and shutting down from the network. If it does this all the time, you can start by disconnecting the oxygen sensors and car will go into open loop. See if it will disconnect from the network like that. Could be an internal issue with a sensor after so much heat. I've seen sensors close to the body hit during a hard pull and damage them internally.
    I just recently replaced all 8 spark plugs and wires (out of desperation and age of vehicle). There was some light fouling but nothing broken when replacing the prior ones. The headers are stock and still have the heat shield in place, the wires don't even come close nor does anything else in there. I'll have a chance to jack up the car tomorrow and take a closer look at the O2 sensors in case they're getting fried.

Is there an easy way to check cylinder head grounds without removing the supercharger? I checked every chassis ground I could find, which were like 1-2 on the passenger side, 2 on the driver side.