Thread: 2013-E38-LC9-SM465 swap No Start

Potential Tuner

2013-E38-LC9-SM465 swap No Start

Ok, I've dug through a hand full of places for information, did a search here and haven't really found information that has helped.

I'm running an LC9 5.3 with VVT and AFM deleted, in a 1986 Chev C20 with an SM465 manual transmission.

The harness has all the usual stuff removed, and all associated codes turned off. I did leave all the 6l80 parts of the harness in place as I plan to put one in down the road, and have jumper the buss lines to have a functioning DLC port.

both VATS 1 & 2 have been switched off, as well as starter diag with a write entire. and verified that everything showed like it was changed to in the tune.

I've disabled clutch switch, set trans to manual ( I get mixed info on weather or not this does anything) and did a pre start power and ground check.

As you've probably guessed by the title, it does not fire off. There is no Injector pulse with 12v present on all injectors while cranking, the spark is there at least by my inline tester its shows there to be some spark. Fuel pressure is 58psi while cranking, rpm is 150ish while cranking.

I have also noticed that the speedo reading is 158mph all the time, which from what I can gather is related to the trans not being there. So I thought it was a speed limiter cutoff, so I changed all the speed limiting settings to 200mph to try and get around the possible fuel and spark cut.

I've gone over every power and ground, all of the injector wiring, both he cam and crank sensor wiring, and even tried another E38 from a 2012 Silverado with all the same initial changes to VATS and Starter diag.

Any insight to something I may have overlooked would be much appreciated.

Edit: I will upload the tune when I can get it off of the laptop at the shop.
    Last edited by Caustik; 04-28-2023 at 09:59 PM.

Make sure you didn't install a 2 bar OS if that computer had one, that could make it not want to start as well.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Here is the tune as pulled from the pcm, and a log while cranking.

86 c20 as pulled 4-29-23.hpt

c20 no start log 2.hpl

Check to see why you have 3 different throttle body codes.

Are you running a MAF sensor too?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Check to see why you have 3 different throttle body codes.

Are you running a MAF sensor too?
    The throttle body codes are from when I was doing my continuity testing the p0690 I've added that wire back in until it goes out of permanent state so I can turn it off, p057c brake switch just isn't hooked up, p0118 didnt have a CTS in it for the first couple tests while priming the oil system, also a permanent code, currently has a sensor just needs to pass its checks

I am running a MAF, Even if I unplug the MAF it didn't change the lack of injector pulse. Was reading last weekend when I was trying to figure out what the issues was. see it didn't read for that log.