Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: new tuner completely lost please help

new tuner completely lost please help

so i have searched the threads for hours on end trying to wrap my mind around all this, and to learn all the abbreviations and tuner speak, and i'm still quite lost in the dark. so i'm starting this thread for advice on the correct direction to head. my main objective is to get the injectors dialed in good enough to drive the car to a real tuner before i blow something up. please don't suggest i scrap the injectors @ $430 that's not gonna happen, and a real tuner could figure out how to make them work.

what i'm working with:
    92 camaro / 5.3 hp-97 jegs longblock / 4l60e
    car was previously tuned down in texas when the engine was a stock 5.3, with the jeg's longblock it now has a cam (which i have no idea how to read the cam card so i will post a pic of it) and bigger eccel 36.1 lb per hour injectors (that i will post the available data below)

so my 1st question out of the gate might seem stupid (but i'm asking from a safety standpoint)

1. when sharing a tuning file or log is there any sensitive information that should not be shared, or any risks associated with sharing it i should be aware of in advance?

Advanced Tuner
    Nothing in the tune is Top Secret: Classified if that's what you mean.

And did you meant to type Accel 36# injectors?
    As in these?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/a...+5ba0fb517989d

Quote Originally Posted by RDF1 View Post
    Nothing in the tune is Top Secret: Classified if that's what you mean.

And did you meant to type Accel 36# injectors?
    As in these?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/a...+5ba0fb517989d
    yep those are the pita injectors i'm working with. so the vin can't be used in any nefarious way (like auto title theft or lean) probably a dumb question just want to make sure?

ok so here is the cam card, and engine specs if i can get this attached right5.3 Crate Engine - Built GM LS 5.3L 385HP _ 390TQ Crate Motor_ ATK Engines HP97 - JEGS.pdfcam card.jpg

so i 1st saved the tune already in the ecm then did a cold start and log with the original tune, then i tweaked the idle rpm, and some injector data and logged an idle under that tune which i will try to post here:
    ooops forgot the injector data
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by JR92RS; 04-29-2023 at 02:12 PM.

so my questions are:

1. looking at the injector data provided from accel (or the lack there of) am i putting it in correctly? (i did tweak the min inj pulse data because of a forum post i read)
    2. would i be correct to say i'm running pig rich at idle?
    3. has the texas tuner disabled long term fuel trims, and why would he do that?
    4. with the previous question....what engine mode does he have my car running in....sd, maf, both, open loop, closed loop.....just trying to get a handle on how he tuned it?

ps. at the end of those log files i played with the iac to try and lean out the fuel.....so that is what you see at the end
    Last edited by JR92RS; 04-29-2023 at 02:22 PM.

Accel does not have GM-format data for their injectors. There's nothing to input correctly or incorrectly because it doesn't exist in a form that's used in the stock PCM.

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Accel does not have GM-format data for their injectors. There's nothing to input correctly or incorrectly because it doesn't exist in a form that's used in the stock PCM.
    yep i remember our last conversation, so how can i drive down the ipw in other tables too make them spray less at idle?

since these are bigger injectors that stock:
    is there something i can do in the offset vs. volts vs. vac table....to try and ballpark these injectors, like decrease the entire table by 10%-15%?
    or in the pulse correction area, can the short pulse limit be reduced from 3.99ms to a lower figure so the short pulse adder table doesn't add more fuel?

You mean, is there a way to generate accurate injector data while the injectors are installed in a running engine?

Look, click this link, give those injectors to somebody who can use them properly: https://www.ebay.com/sl/sell

You mean, is there a way to generate accurate injector data while the injectors are installed in a running engine?
    no i'm not shooting for accurate just ball park

Look, click this link, give those injectors to somebody who can use them properly: https://www.ebay.com/sl/sell
    if you are not here to help people out why bother being here?

would welcome feedback from anyone ELSE

Yeah, I never help anyone with anything, I just tell them how wrong they are.

The question you're looking for an answer for is like if you'd asked "Can anyone help me learn how to fly? I need to get to a meeting but don't want to waste the money on an airline ticket. Birds do it all the time so it can't be that hard, right?"

"new tuner completely lost please help" - and you want your first time to be with no-data injectors. I AM trying to help you. You do not like the solution.

"new tuner completely lost please help" - and you want your first time to be with no-data injectors. I AM trying to help you. You do not like the solution.
    your solution is a $430 waste of money....that's not gonna happen

Quote Originally Posted by JR92RS View Post
    if you are not here to help people out why bother being here?

Read post #7 up above and you'll see he answered your question about those injectors. I know you don't want to hear that you can't use them, but there just isn't enough data to set them up properly and it'll never be right. Just sell them and get the GM 50lb L96 injectors part# 12613412 since they are rather cheap from rock auto or elsewhere and there is injector data already on this forum converted to gen3 format.
    02 Tahoe, Rebuilt 5.3, PRC 2.5 heads, BTR Stg2 V2 cam, 50lb Injectors, Speed Engineering LT's, Offroad Y, Magnaflow catback, Built 4L60, NP241 swap etc etc...

Quote Originally Posted by mjc79 View Post
    Read post #7 up above and you'll see he answered your question about those injectors. I know you don't want to hear that you can't use them, but there just isn't enough data to set them up properly and it'll never be right. Just sell them and get the GM 50lb L96 injectors part# 12613412 since they are rather cheap from rock auto or elsewhere and there is injector data already on this forum converted to gen3 format.
    thank you for the reply, so are you saying even a professional tuner could not make these work?
    Last edited by JR92RS; 04-29-2023 at 04:25 PM.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274424906026
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/132370243894
    You may or may not need 'top hat' spacers, just depends on how much adjustment (removing spacers, etc.) you can get with your specific rail/manifold combo. They are fairly cheap as well and readily available.

innjector dimensions.jpg

These injectors flow 50.4 lb-hr at 58 PSI. All the data is available in stock L96 tune files, it's even already been converted into Gen 3 format and posted here many many many times. Stock GM data. Real data.

You could sell the garbage Accel injectors for HALF what you paid for them, and buy TWO complete sets of these better higher-flowing injectors THAT COME WITH ALL THE DATA NEEDED. Did these injectors not come up in your last thread asking the same questions? I think they did. I think you did not read what others went to rather a lot of effort to type out for you. (yes they did come up, I just went back and checked)