Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: new tuner completely lost please help

Senior Tuner
    Correct. Typically it's AND. Never tried & but no reason it wouldn't work.

For tps and map enable I'm talking about PE enable thresholds for these on the PE tab.

Senior Tuner
    Sorry, I mis-read. You wanted to filter out PE. Flip the > symbol.

Tuner in Training
    just came here to say - this entire thread was:

- entertaining
    - awesome
    - loaded with great info

Sirius - you are effing awesome for sticking with this all the way through. I'm sure there are other lurkers like myself but i wanted to extend the appreciation for what was a lot of info analysis and expertise that was infinitely better than any youtube video.

OP/JR - how's the car?

Senior Tuner
    Why thank you

I wonder how he's doing on his project from every so often. Hopefully everything is ok.

If not, the offer still stands. I'll set time to work on it and we'll get it 100% within a day.

Quote Originally Posted by lippmoney View Post
    just came here to say - this entire thread was:

- entertaining
    - awesome
    - loaded with great info

Sirius - you are effing awesome for sticking with this all the way through. I'm sure there are other lurkers like myself but i wanted to extend the appreciation for what was a lot of info analysis and expertise that was infinitely better than any youtube video.

OP/JR - how's the car?
    it's a pain in the ass, i had bad exhaust leaks some were repaired when i dropped the front of exhaust system and replaced gaskets, but i still have a very small leak on driver side manifold to v pipe connection.....the only way to fix will be to have front of exhaust re-done, not doing that until i get new shorty headers. so i just threw it back in closed loop and called it good enough for now

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    Why thank you

I wonder how he's doing on his project from every so often. Hopefully everything is ok.

If not, the offer still stands. I'll set time to work on it and we'll get it 100% within a day.
    it will be a minute before i get back to tuning, starting a new job, need to rebuild rear end with 3.72 gears and limited slip diff so the torque converter can attain lockup, the redo exhaust, then back to tuning

Tuner in Training
    these things are a process for sure. i came here a day after setting my motor and bolting up the trans thinking i was going to start it up the following week... riiigghhtt.... i was immediately humbled by everything i didn't think about. stick with it - i hear things are fun on the other side haha

highlight - "no, that involves spark and i dont want to get in to all that" > 2 weeks later > "why did you mess with fuel - i told you to leave it alone"> 17 pages later > "i wonder how things are going with his project - hopefully everything is ok"

��
    Last edited by lippmoney; 06-28-2023 at 01:54 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Yeah I regret not just doing it for him in the first place. I expected a guy with a dyno to be better, but that's how it goes I guess.