Thread: How to fix transmission tables that no longer exist.

How to fix transmission tables that no longer exist.

Back in 2005 I edited transmission pressures on my 1999 3.8L 4L60E camaro by copy/pasting from an 04 GTO. I think this is causing issues with the transmission. I would like to return to stock, but the tables I edited no longer exist in HpTuners and HpTuners doesn't recognize the difference between my tune and a stock file.

When I compare the file downloaded from my car with a stock file it shows no difference in the transmission pressure. I'm 100% sure that there are differences.

I ran into the same issue with Injector flow rate about 6 months ago. They updated the software and I was able to edit the flow rate KPA values again.

I downloaded a stock 1999 3.8L A4 tune file. Using the comparison tool I edited all the stock tune values to match my current tune parameters for timing/fuel/airflow, but the trans tables are all stock.

I don't know how else to get back to the stock transmission parameters?

My question is- What are the odds that I will disable the car by flashing a tune from different 1999 3.8L A4 camaro?
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/phoenix64
    99 3.8L camaro, corn fuel, turbocharged.
    98 formula LS6, lid, SLP DD, 65lb inj.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix64 View Post
    Back in 2005 I edited transmission pressures on my 1999 3.8L 4L60E camaro by copy/pasting from an 04 GTO. I think this is causing issues with the transmission. I would like to return to stock, but the tables I edited no longer exist in HpTuners and HpTuners doesn't recognize the difference between my tune and a stock file.

When I compare the file downloaded from my car with a stock file it shows no difference in the transmission pressure. I'm 100% sure that there are differences.

I ran into the same issue with Injector flow rate about 6 months ago. They updated the software and I was able to edit the flow rate KPA values again.

I downloaded a stock 1999 3.8L A4 tune file. Using the comparison tool I edited all the stock tune values to match my current tune parameters for timing/fuel/airflow, but the trans tables are all stock.

I don't know how else to get back to the stock transmission parameters?

My question is- What are the odds that I will disable the car by flashing a tune from different 1999 3.8L A4 camaro?
    Search for "Advanced mode" you might be viewing the files in a basic view which is missing some tables.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    Search for "Advanced mode" you might be viewing the files in a basic view which is missing some tables.
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm viewing in advanced mode.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/phoenix64
    99 3.8L camaro, corn fuel, turbocharged.
    98 formula LS6, lid, SLP DD, 65lb inj.

Only suggestion I have would be to SPS the PCM with a replace and reprogram. Then start from scratch on the tune.

Is this an editor-version issue, or something else? As far as I know the only way a table can be there, and then later NOT be there anymore, is if it gets removed from one VCM Suite version to the next. Something gone wrong in the PCM can't cause it.

Do you have any other sample files (for the same controller) that do still show the missing tables?

Hey Phoenix, did you ever find how to get your missing data back, l have exactly the same issue, l changed transmission settings years ago to try to soften 1-2 shift, but now some of the tables that l changed arent showing up.. At that time l had HPT version 2.22 which l still use, but on a different laptop because older laptop died and l have no access to the original saved tunes. l could understand it if l was using a later version of HPT now and could not see the same tables, but l dont see how the same version of HPT on a different laptop sees different data. (I tried another laptop also with same results)
    2005 VZ Monaro 5.7, Harrop HH112, water injection, LT Headers, Flowmaster mufflers, 3.73 truetrac Harrop rear.

2007 Holden Rodeo 6.0 litre conversion with 4L65E transmission.