Thread: Pentastar V6 Ignition Timing

Potential Tuner

Pentastar V6 Ignition Timing

Tuning my personal pentastar charger, made out great with vvt alterations and injpw fuel tuning method. Recently I?ve been trying to add timing to increase my gains on 93 octane, but the car won?t take a single degree of timing without triggering knock sensors. This baffles me so bad, cause how are they this close to knock when they?re supposed to be run on 87 from the factory? Or do these cars compensate timing to match the octane, kinda like the GM hi/lo octane tables? I?ve done all I know to make sure it?s not real knock. Also, any other advice you may have for making these a little more peppy?
    Last edited by austytork; 05-05-2023 at 07:56 PM.

Make sure you adjust the MBT settings as a start because the pcm is going to resort to these as the "baseline" for spark.

Advanced Tuner
    "I?ve done all I know to make sure it?s not real knock." that is great!

what is the injector pw fuel tuning method?
    [email protected]

don tanklage

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by brr View Post
    Make sure you adjust the MBT settings as a start because the pcm is going to resort to these as the "baseline" for spark.
    Ok, do you think you could explain further what the MBT table does? Seems to me that it hack the timing all over from the base tables����*♂️Also brr, I tried your timing tables from your 93 octane tune you posted, and according to the scanner I picked up like 10 lbft tq, but it showed kr quite a bit in there.

Potential Tuner
    LilSick, You create a histogram with your fuel mass and trims, and use the trim percentages in your injector data of your tune. It’s the only east way to adjust fueling on these.

Advanced Tuner
    what a trip. You dont mess with the ve tables at all?
    [email protected]

don tanklage

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSick View Post
    what a trip. You dont mess with the ve tables at all?
    No because I don?t have a wideband, and I don?t feel like buying tokens for the ANN Trainer. Ya I?m prob just lazy, but the trims look like factory now that the fuel mass is dialed in. It?s actually a fairly common way of getting tuning these. It?s a bone stock car, so it doesn?t need radical ve changes, just minor tweaks to match the VVT adjustments.