Thread: Looking for some help, I'm running lean

Potential Tuner

Looking for some help, I'm running lean

I'm having an issue where my car runs fine for a little while, then for some reason starts to lean out.
    so I'm trying to get some ideas on where to look first.

2012 Camaro, stock 6.2 block and rotating assembly, ported heads, BTR stage 3cam, tvs 2300 running 12 psi boost, ID 1050's Fore dual pump setup. (more info if needed).
    it looks like it runs good for a little while, then for some reason, the ST Trim and LT Trim starts to inch up, until it starts to get so high that it flags the Check Engine light.

so the issue is some part of the fuel delivery system is failing, and I'm looking to figure out where to start.

MAF Sensor? Injectors getting clogged? O2 sensor misreading? I have a Wideband sensor kit that I haven't put on, but finally got ready to get started.

interesting log file, if you want to review. the short one is just a drive around town, you can see about 10 minutes in the trim on bank one just starts inching up.

the second log (if i can upload two) is just a fun one of me at the race track, but you can see the LT Trim on that one going way high

any input you have will help. I'll might have to go to my shop to have it looked at, but I just hate going in with no information. I like to know as much as i can before i ask someone else to fix something.

Bryan

Second attachment didn't make it
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner

Added tune file

Added the tune file for review

Potential Tuner
    FYI, I'm replacing the Upstream O2 sensors now to see if that helps. the car has 98k miles on it, so things tend to start going bad. it was the cheapest and easiest fix, and even if its not the issue, it nice to have the new sensors in.

Advanced Tuner
    Your Injector Offset vs Injector Temp table is zeroed out, which is probably wrong. You should have data for your particular injectors added to that table.

Tuning Addict
    There's no doubt that your injector tip temp needs to be dialed in especially since you're running a blower and trims are changing - you'll need to log a lot more to dial it in, but this really looks like an issue with bank 1. Vacuum leak at the injectors through an Oring, loose header seal, injector issue, bad O2 or something like that.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner
    You have a "CL-Fault" on your fuel system status channel. 90% of the time that is caused from a bad O2 sensor. Changing them may fix the fault.
    Last edited by ABADZL1; 05-11-2023 at 03:07 PM.

RPS Twin Carbon Clutch
    Kook's Headers
    Ported Supercharger
    Cold Air Inductions cai
    ID850's
    GPTuning 2.5 Cam
    9.1 Lower 2.5 Upper

Senior Tuner
    This is a bit lean.. yes. but the bigger problem is the split between left and right side.

Check for exhaust leaks, vacuum leaks, and if that looks ok I'd try a fresh set of O2 sensors for the front.

It doesn't appear like the car is missing but that could cause this too.

NO harm in leaving in injector tip temp zeroed out. Quite a few GM cars from the factory have this table zeroed out. It causes issues on reflashes.

Injector tip temp would not cause the almost 20% split between driver and passenger side fuel trims.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuning Addict
    I wouldn't recommend leaving it zeroed out - dial it in... Problem is you're running a PD blower - lots of heat especially with boost turned up. What happens with this is more heat from the blower plus more heat building in the combustion chambers plus running leaner plus maybe a back to back pass and now where you were running in the 11's on afr you're now running in the low 12's or leaner in some circumstances. Seen it too many times and you know what happens with boost, heat and being lean...... I've only ever seen one tune where it needed to be zeroed. You can dial it in with "rich after flash". There are write ups I've done and some others for this. Once right it doesn't matter how many back to back passes are made or how hard it's run - it'll stay at the afr's being commanded. You can even set it up to go a little richer if you like... You'll be surprised with how consistent the car runs afterwords too. I've had them running back to back with no breaks half mile passes that could have been bracket raced

As I previously stated - this most likely isn't your problem - you most likely have an issue on bank 1... Doesn't mean you don't need to dial the tip temp in too though
    Last edited by GHuggins; 05-12-2023 at 01:06 PM.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC