Thread: Help with analog output from AEM 30-0300

Potential Tuner

Help with analog output from AEM 30-0300

Hello all,

I have been struggling for 2 weeks with what feels like a wiring nightmare. After completing a cam swap in my supercharged 2005 GTO, I am attempting to send data logs to my tuner, but I cannot for the life of me get my AEM 30-0300 to correctly output the AFR data in HPT.

I have a MPIV2 with pro link and trying to use the analog output. HPT is using the latest update.

I have attempted to follow the instructions for re-wiring AEM wideband for use with non-canbus vehicles and transform using the AEM 30-03x function in HPT and yet while my gauge reads 14.6-14.7 at idle, but HPT is reading 7.5x. If I just record the signal without the transform function it is reading around 0.8v.

Can anyone please help explain what I can try differently? Many thanks!

Potential Tuner
    I have MPVI3, prolink AEM30-300 I have also had trouble finding instructions. I followed instructions from You Tube McGrady Racing wiring instructions, HPTuning school how to add to the channel list. The gauge seems to be working. When I tried to scan the light on the MPVI3 started flashing purple and nothing on AFR. Please help!

Potential Tuner
    I am having the same problems. I have installed the AEM 30-0300 wideband O2 with gauge and I am trying to connect it to the VCM scanner to log my air/fuel. Gauge seems to be reading perfectly and I wired the ground from the PROLINK+ with the ground of the gauge and I wired the blue wires together for a serial input into the MPVI. I have gone into the VCM scanner and I have added the blue and the red inputs through the external input PROLINK+ option, I then selected each of them and clicked the transform option and tried the +oxygen sensor +air-fuel ratio and selected the AEM 30-(03x,2340,5130) when this didnt work i tried the +oxygen sensor +equivalence ratio and selected the AEM 30-(03x,2340,5130), still no luck. I have re-polled for the vehicle and retried. I have a reading but it bounces at .52Lambda or 7.5AFR whether the truck is KOEO or running.

Serial output from the 30-0300 is not an analog signal, which is what the Prolink blue wire is expecting. Prolink can't read a serial input. It can read analog voltage, or CAN data. To use the serial you need a serial to USB converter and then plug that USB directly into your laptop, not to the Prolink.

Potential Tuner

AEM 30-300 to ProLink

I have a 2000 Pontiac Trans Am LS1. I installed AEM 30-300 wideband to ProLink I only connected 2 wires from the AEM, Brown gauge wire to Black ProLink wire and White gauge wire to Blue ProLink wire.