Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MAF signal

Advanced Tuner
    Still doing it but it seems to be better. Not sure if its the cool air temp tonight or not but it is smoother than its been in a long while. That torque management is still pulling but im not seeing a cause. Should i do a TB relearn and if so, whats the steps for it?

SD tuning-1.2maxed& baro.hpt
    baro tables.hpl

Tuning Addict
    Looks like you still need more BRAF. Give this one a go. You're trying to get it to know the extra airflow to make the operating system happy.

To do a throttle relearn - scanner - output controls - throttle clean reset.

I also zeroed AC torque - just in case it was interfering.

Edit - it still wasn't as much as I normally run for the 102, so I went ahead and edited some of the off idle rpm areas to what I normally use for the 102tb. Hopefully it's better for you.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GHuggins; 05-06-2023 at 11:21 PM.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Looks like you still need more BRAF. Give this one a go. You're trying to get it to know the extra airflow to make the operating system happy.

To do a throttle relearn - scanner - output controls - throttle clean reset.

I also zeroed AC torque - just in case it was interfering.

Edit - it still wasn't as much as I normally run for the 102, so I went ahead and edited some of the off idle rpm areas to what I normally use for the 102tb. Hopefully it's better for you.
    Thanks Greg. I'll flash it and see how it acts.

Advanced Tuner
    Things seem to be working out on this. I did happen to log some idle time then flashed it in. Not sure exactly how accurate the trims are from rich after flash but here is a quick log i took before rain set in.

quick drive.hpl
    SD tuning-1.2maxed& baro--1 (1).hpt

Tuning Addict
    Add some in the higher rpms and higher loads, but fueling is looking good. You really need to dial your O2's in - they're switching 10% lean at times.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    Add some in the higher rpms and higher loads, but fueling is looking good. You really need to dial your O2's in - they're switching 10% lean at times.
    Is that some of the reason that the WB and trims dont seem to line up? I can do that. Integral and Proportional right? Higher numbers = more delay?

Tuning Addict
    Little more to it than that. This one should have your O2's more dialed in along with your fueling if the above sd log was right and not skewed any. Having the O2's closer will help dial in your fueling too. You'll notice it won't change so much log to log.
    Attached Files Attached Files

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    I'm sure there is. Nothing in HPT is simple for a novice lol. Thanks for taking the time to help with the o2's. As long as those are more suited for my setup, i should be able to dial in the VVE.

Advanced Tuner
    Little bit of a hard start on that one. Going to check to see if i have to adjust this wideband since the trims dont agree with it.
    after o2 tweak.hpl
    SD tuning-1.2maxed& baro--1 (1) (1).hpt

Tuning Addict
    Looks like it was having problems failing the MAF. Change your rpm and timer settings to something really low. Should help with that. Your wideband appears to be reading right, just needs a little more fine tuning on the O2's.

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    Looks like it was having problems failing the MAF. Change your rpm and timer settings to something really low. Should help with that. Your wideband appears to be reading right, just needs a little more fine tuning on the O2's.
    Ok. that makes sense. Ill make some changes.

Advanced Tuner
    Here is an idle log with the small adjustment I made. I just followed in your direction. Is there a certain way the o2's will act when they become close enough to be called "good" or what's the end game for tweaking the o2's? Or did i just tweak the wrong thing for the o2's? Should it have been the RICH/LEAN vs AIRFLOW table that needs adjusted?
    proportional integral tweak.hpl
    sd tuning o2's.hpt
    Last edited by LS ROB; 05-07-2023 at 08:18 PM.

Tuning Addict
    I just try to get it within a "mostly" 4% swing. You can use your VE airflow or dynamic airflow readings to know which cells to adjust.

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    Hey Greg; what are you looking at that tells you that i was having a 10% swing? Is it the actual AFR vs Commanded?

Tuning Addict
    Yes. Use EQ error or afr error. It'll show you the actual fueling swing of the O2's.

~Greg Huggins~

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    In your log file [shortsd.hpl] is one such instance of the flutter at 3:32 in? If so, you can see Tq Mgt Adv kick in without a shift. Did you ever modify your virtual torque tables?
    Attachment 131361

Either way, I would max out this section and go for another drive to see if this is the cause.
    Attachment 131362
    +++++

This..

Also disable spark smoothing.

Also on the traction control stuff.. the MAX torque set's how much the torque management can take out.. I'd go with a stock value here or lower. everyone makes the mistake of going high on that value. Disable the traction control stuff by setting the enable temp higher. That stuff shouldn't matter in a swap car.. but in case its being tripped on somehow.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Senior Tuner
    There is a lot of stuff in this tune that looks like should be "undone" IMHO.. The spark adaptive tables for one.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    There is a lot of stuff in this tune that looks like should be "undone" IMHO.. The spark adaptive tables for one.
    Don't disagree with this statement as I didn't tune it, but if it's working for him then it's working for him. I've seen some really messed up tunes over the years that just "balance" themselves out. I know who did this tune as he puts a lot of the same mods in a lot of them, but like I said if it works then it works... Personally not going to condemn it off of it. I do know why some things were done and if it made it better then who's to argue.

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    Don't disagree with this statement as I didn't tune it, but if it's working for him then it's working for him. I've seen some really messed up tunes over the years that just "balance" themselves out. I know who did this tune as he puts a lot of the same mods in a lot of them, but like I said if it works then it works... Personally not going to condemn it off of it. I do know why some things were done and if it made it better then who's to argue.
    well honestly guys, its not working because what i paid for, i didnt get. I made sure the tuner was well aware of what i wanted and was told they could fix it no problem. Now, the tune he finalized and sent was good for WOT action. I cant deny that but this tune probably looks hammered due to trying to piggyback off of what i left with and what is suggested to try in the forums. If you see something questionable please let me know.

Alvin, were you talking about the "Maximum Torque" tab alone to itself on the left or was it "Max Torque" under the TCS column?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LS ROB View Post
    well honestly guys, its not working because what i paid for, i didnt get. I made sure the tuner was well aware of what i wanted and was told they could fix it no problem. Now, the tune he finalized and sent was good for WOT action. I cant deny that but this tune probably looks hammered due to trying to piggyback off of what i left with and what is suggested to try in the forums. If you see something questionable please let me know.

Alvin, were you talking about the "Maximum Torque" tab alone to itself on the left or was it "Max Torque" under the TCS column?
    yes under traction control.

We require the stock file before we do remote tuning or anything like that for customers and they are always shocked.. like they don't want to take a step back.. but there is literally just so many crazy changes some people get an idea for... and too many differences from year to year, os to os, that you can't realistically spot them.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com