Thread: Tune and log LSVolvo940

Tuner

Tune and log LSVolvo940

No matter what I did it ran lean. Just a startup Tune but that's what I had to do to at least get the logger working. Check it out.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Folken; 05-07-2023 at 09:09 AM.

Why is your throttle showing 14-19% Is this at idle?

Oh and check the math on your WB, **edit** I ran into the same issue with mine, had the wrong math for my autometer WB.
    Last edited by Keep; 05-06-2023 at 07:49 PM.
    1999 6.0L LQ4 block
    243 heads
    Upgraded rods with LY6 pistons
    BTR LS3 stage 1. - 221/228 .608/.571 112+2
    2010 Camaro SS Exhaust Manifolds
    2006 LS2 Injectors
    Stock truck intake - DBC

Usually helps if you say what you did to the engine, we aren't mind readers.

Just from what you have in the cylinder volume, it's a large engine. MAF dtc's are wrong for speed density too.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    It's definitely lean. It's an odd tune. It's set up for a 408 stroker with 3 bar MAP sensor, but only has a 59 lb/hr injector.

I would start by changing the P0101, 102 and 103 DTC's to MIL on First Error. Then you can adjust the VE table to get the idle AF ratio dialed in.

Let me know if you need help getting it dialed in. We do a lot of boosted combos.
    Last edited by kevin87turbot; 05-06-2023 at 08:35 PM.

Tuner
    Because it is running incredibly lean, no matter what i do to scale the injectors it stays lean. I am going to try to get the Ethanol content reading in scanner too, put flex on a couple weeks ago and have not been messing with it since then. The target AFR is way off, i did the math on the fuel mixture and tested my E should be about 59% target should be 10.6 to 10.8:1 Maybe 11.5:1 at idle. I am not experienced with flex just trying to get it figured out.

5.3, Stock bore, 585 Cam, Stock Rockers, Speedmaster Intake Manifold, Ported 706 Heads, 76MM T4 Turbo, Deka 80LB Injectors, I have a flow tester and other injectors to try on the car also.
    Last edited by Folken; 05-07-2023 at 06:25 AM.

Tuner
    Turned DTC's back on car would not start with injectors set at 76.8 LB/HR, changed back to 59 LB/HR . Runs for a minute and turns off. DTC's are P0101, P0102, P0103 obviously there is no MAF on the car and the IAT is threaded in the back of the intake Manifold , reads in scanner. The AFR's Now run closer to 12:1 at idle . I can add another log up top, the AFR error chart looks better but nothing is reading over 105 KPA, I will have to figure out my scanner also.
    Last edited by Folken; 05-07-2023 at 09:07 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Folken View Post
    Turned DTC's back on car would not start with injectors set at 76.8 LB/HR, changed back to 59 LB/HR . Runs for a minute and turns off. DTC's are P0101, P0102, P0103 obviously there is no MAF on the car and the IAT is threaded in the back of the intake Manifold , reads in scanner. The AFR's Now run closer to 12:1 at idle . I can add another log up top, the AFR error chart looks better but nothing is reading over 105 KPA, I will have to figure out my scanner also.
    If you have a normal wideband that reads on a gas scale, then you'll need to target around 14.7:1 at idle, and high 11's at WOT, depending on boost level. Have you verified fuel pressure on the vehicle?

In order to get the MAP to read on the datalog, remove the MAP (SAE) PID and add the 3 bar MAP PID.

Put the cylinder volume back to stock 5.3 size too.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    If you have a normal wideband that reads on a gas scale, then you'll need to target around 14.7:1 at idle, and high 11's at WOT, depending on boost level. Have you verified fuel pressure on the vehicle?

In order to get the MAP to read on the datalog, remove the MAP (SAE) PID and add the 3 bar MAP PID.
    Yes it is the older 4110 wired into chanel #1, it usually gets a decent resolution in the AFR error chart. Fuel pressure is 43 PSI, it has a legitimate fuel system. 15Gal cell single in line fuel pump "can Run 2" 10 AN to the Rails 8 AN to the Regulator and 6 AN back to the cell. I have not gotten my fuel pressure or fuel composition reading in the scanner yet. Yes i searched up a 3 bar sensor and updated all graphs in this layout to read 320 KPA. Tried to get a log and it was not reading right. I have to shut it off and with key on connect to scanner but that usually takes a couple tries. Also i had the 3 DTC's on first error so i changed them to MIL on second Error . No check engine light but it runs rough and shuts down if you let it run a minute.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Put the cylinder volume back to stock 5.3 size too.
    It has been set to 5.3, slowly getting it ironed out.