Thread: New laptop w/MPVI

Tuner in Training

New laptop w/MPVI

I've searched but no luck. How does my original MPVI sync to my new laptop to show my existing licenses and path? Everything online is about MPVI2.
    This is my first new laptop in 7 years. I have it hooked to laptop and see the resync is for HPTuners to use as backup. But it says to connect MPVI.
    I am not very computer savvy but it hooks up according to the sound.

With it plugged in you should be able to open the editor and then click the blue information dot, then click the information dot in the new window again.

I think that is what you need to do so it stops saying unlicensed file or whatever.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I'm not getting the blue dot. When I plug it in, I get the tone it's connected but I get no alert for an option to choose what to do with it.
    I did find a thread that explained how to change a certain thing. But one of the parameters it says to change isn't there.

OK, after much research, Seems it's more trouble than it's worth. So I was able to resync using my old laptop and I am now going to just upgrade.
    Last edited by Sapper; 05-07-2023 at 08:16 AM.

Potential Tuner
    If your new computer has Windows 11 it will not accept the new drivers I believe using MPVI1.

I just recently had to do the same upgrade. Time to upgrade to the V3. Getting Windows 11 to work with a V1 is like hoping Santa stops by for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by zippy performance View Post
    I just recently had to do the same upgrade. Time to upgrade to the V3. Getting Windows 11 to work with a V1 is like hoping Santa stops by for Christmas.
    Use VMware. Run any OS you want. It's free.

Tuner in Training
    what is vm ware?

https://www.vmware.com/products/workstation-player.html
    It is a program that takes a small section of your hard drive and allows you to install just about any operating software there is. All forms of Windows, Ubuntu, Redhat, Penguin, you name it. So on your Win11 machine like my laptop I have windows 98, windows 7 pro, windows10, windows 11, Ubuntu all on it. I can install programs on those OS's.