Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone on here running Holley Injectors?

Tuner

Is anyone on here running Holley Injectors?

Been going through different injectors and flowing them, i really have no idea how to calculate the actual Data to put into editor. I have gone through Bosch 210's Deka 80's Decapped shortys, Decapped Flex injectors, The best ones i have had are the decapped Flex injectors, they flowed like 85-90 LB/HR. Thinking about switching to some Holley Injectors they use the ev6/ev14 connectors I think. My harness uses the EV1 plugs but i also have the adapters that Make it work with EV14 Injectors. I found the Holley injectors on Summit 100LB $400 for a set of 8 and 220 LB for about $700. Makes more sense to start with injectors that are proven with valid Data, there are a lot of junk injectors out there.

Holley does not have GM-format data for their injectors.

Senior Tuner
    Try FIC. As much as you seem to be fighting injectors it may be worth the expense.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Folken View Post
    Been going through different injectors and flowing them, i really have no idea how to calculate the actual Data to put into editor. I have gone through Bosch 210's Deka 80's Decapped shortys, Decapped Flex injectors, The best ones i have had are the decapped Flex injectors, they flowed like 85-90 LB/HR. Thinking about switching to some Holley Injectors they use the ev6/ev14 connectors I think. My harness uses the EV1 plugs but i also have the adapters that Make it work with EV14 Injectors. I found the Holley injectors on Summit 100LB $400 for a set of 8 and 220 LB for about $700. Makes more sense to start with injectors that are proven with valid Data, there are a lot of junk injectors out there.
    What is your HP goals and are you going to run E85?

Try this calculator and see what you need. I like their injectors and the data is complete. They are data matched with in 2% and guaranteed. If an injector goes bad the set can be looked up and a match for the same data set can be made.

https://fuelinjectorclinic.com/flow-...8aAuYBEALw_wcB

https://fuelinjectorclinic.com/index...roduct_id=1797
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Hondaeater; 05-07-2023 at 11:55 PM.

Senior Tuner

Yeah, I wouldn't waste any more time with injectors that do not have GM data. There are several sellers now with GM data.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't waste any more time with injectors that do not have GM data. There are several sellers now with GM data.
    OK who sells the injectors with GM Data then. You would think on an hp tuners forum people would have some reputable vendors with good products. Its kind of hard to stand behind the software without the right upgrades to go with it.

Senior Tuner
    FIC (Fuel Injector Clinic) & FIC (Fuel Injector Connection).

And the OE GM injectors with all the data available in stock tune files:

(all ratings given at GM-standard 58psi, not the aftermarket-standard of 43psi)
    19421333 - 29lb
    12587269 - 33lb
    12580426 - 35lb
    12594512 - 36lb
    12613411 - 38lb
    12576341 - 42lb
    12609749 - 50lb
    12613412 - 51lb
    &
    12598646 - 52lb, but has an oddball spray pattern specific for LSA/LS9

Advanced Tuner
    OK who sells the injectors with GM Data then. You would think on an hp tuners forum people would have some reputable vendors with good products. Its kind of hard to stand behind the software without the right upgrades to go with it.
    Did you follow the links in Post#4? This Injector calculator is easy to use to find your particular part too. https://fuelinjectorclinic.com/index...rmation/static

As others have posted there are plenty of sources to choose from that have GM data.

In short, DON'T buy injectors from anyone who also offers their own aftermarket EFI systems, because they will probably try to lock customers into only using their stuff with all the rest of their stuff. Keep 'em in the dark and all that. Someone who only sells injectors has no incentive to do that shit.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    In short, DON'T buy injectors from anyone who also offers their own aftermarket EFI systems, because they will probably try to lock customers into only using their stuff with all the rest of their stuff. Keep 'em in the dark and all that. Someone who only sells injectors has no incentive to do that shit.
    Oh so HPTuners support only reccomends using factory injectors that do not flow enough to make any power and also frowns upon decapped injectors. If the decapped injector in theory flows twice as much as the original configuration wouldnt you just split those numbers in half? This all takes common sense, there is absoluteley zero propability that a Holley injector would not work on a GM engine. I flow a bunch of injectors, i am not an expert. I have the feeling people need to back up what they are talking about, i dont know how to create that data. Its all about Math , Slowly figuring it out. Control study is a stock injector, any other injector flowed at the same rate shoule be compared by its difference in percentage. Its more complicated than that though.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondaeater View Post
    Did you follow the links in Post#4? This Injector calculator is easy to use to find your particular part too. https://fuelinjectorclinic.com/index...rmation/static

As others have posted there are plenty of sources to choose from that have GM data.
    No i did not, it is not about creating the injector for the data. It is about creating the data for the injector.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    Try FIC. As much as you seem to be fighting injectors it may be worth the expense.
    Injectors are not the issue, its the data in the tune.

Yes you are correct, it's the data in the tune, data that does not exist for the injectors you're trying to use. You can send injectors to people who have the equipment and they can generate all the data the stock PCM requires. It's not cheap - it's cheaper to just buy injectors that already come with the right data.

HP Tuners does not recommend anything about injectors, they assume users should be smart enough to understand how things work. The stock PCM has limitations and requirements that aftermarket stuff does not.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...brated-Success
    http://injectordynamics.com/articles...racterization/

It's not your fault you didn't know any of this before you jumped in, but if after reading this info you still think you should be able to 'just figure it out' on your own, then I'm done here because you're only going to dig yourself a deeper hole.

Senior Tuner
    Injectors are not the issue, its the data in the tune.
    Yeah. High flow injectors with a spray pattern setup for cathedral heads that COME WITH GM DATA .

Oh so HPTuners support only reccomends using factory injectors that do not flow enough to make any power and also frowns upon decapped injectors. If the decapped injector in theory flows twice as much as the original configuration wouldnt you just split those numbers in half? This all takes common sense, there is absoluteley zero propability that a Holley injector would not work on a GM engine. I flow a bunch of injectors, i am not an expert. I have the feeling people need to back up what they are talking about, i dont know how to create that data. Its all about Math , Slowly figuring it out. Control study is a stock injector, any other injector flowed at the same rate shoule be compared by its difference in percentage. Its more complicated than that though.
    Decapped injectors are a poor choice period. They don't have controllable flow characteristics, and the low airflow atomization is terrible.

If you're going to be combative about it then sit and spin. We've appealed to reason.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Yes you are correct, it's the data in the tune, data that does not exist for the injectors you're trying to use. You can send injectors to people who have the equipment and they can generate all the data the stock PCM requires. It's not cheap - it's cheaper to just buy injectors that already come with the right data.

HP Tuners does not recommend anything about injectors, they assume users should be smart enough to understand how things work. The stock PCM has limitations and requirements that aftermarket stuff does not.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...brated-Success
    http://injectordynamics.com/articles...racterization/

It's not your fault you didn't know any of this before you jumped in, but if after reading this info you still think you should be able to 'just figure it out' on your own, then I'm done here because you're only going to dig yourself a deeper hole.
    Yes that is correct, we are all learning on here. People have the choice to keep learning until they are dead. And yes i do have a crude style flow bench for gasoline injectors. People on here have pointed me in the right direction, I really appreciate that. If you do not know for sure how to answer then don't. I have gotten good advice out of this forum . If anyone chooses not to learn about fuel injectors and does not know anything about physically testing them then maybe they should not answer the question.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    Yeah. High flow injectors with a spray pattern setup for cathedral heads that COME WITH GM DATA .

Decapped injectors are a poor choice period. They don't have controllable flow characteristics, and the low airflow atomization is terrible.

If you're going to be combative about it then sit and spin. We've appealed to reason.
    So the Holley Injectors are a bad option?

Senior Tuner
    Correct. The FIC's are a good bet. Problem is they get pretty expensive around the 100lb/hr mark.