Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MAP/BARO Tables

Tuner in Training

MAP/BARO Tables

Is there any way to get HPTuners to grab my MAF/BARO tables?
    Right now it doesn't pull them with the rest of the tables, and that is where I now need to make changes.

Tuning Addict
    Make sure you're setup to view in advanced mode. Otherwise might need some clarification as to what you're looking for specifically or trying to change. May or may not even be available in your OS.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    I am in advanced mode, and I'm having issues with MAP/BARO readings. There is a lot of incorrect information on which is the correct sensor for the 3800 SC L32. Most of MAP sensors read correctly at key on engine off at about 14.8 psi but under boost read up to 26 psi, while my boost gauge is reading the correct 11 - 12 psi. Someone on the 3800 forums gave me the correct part number from the sensor on their car so I installed one of those. Now with the key on and engine off both MAP and BARO only read 10.2 psi which is way off but the MAP now reads correctly under boost. On other forums I've been told to go to the MAP/BARO tables to make changes to calibrate them, but there are none.

Senior Tuner
    Unless this OS is different from most GM, you are not looking for a table. There should be two values for linear and offset, often on an air flow tab. Post the tune and someone can point it out.

And this isn't something you tweak to make work. You get the correct values for the sensor and enter the data and leave it alone.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
    Unless this OS is different from most GM, you are not looking for a table. There should be two values for linear and offset, often on an air flow tab. Post the tune and someone can point it out.

And this isn't something you tweak to make work. You get the correct values for the sensor and enter the data and leave it alone.

Here is my tune.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuning Addict
    They're not in there unless I overlooked them. So... Here are your choices - contact support and jump through all the hoops - usually multiple times all for them to tell you they're probably not going to do anything as it's too old OR find someone, hopefully close to you with different software that "might" have the tables you need to fix it. BUT before doing all of that - has the map been changed at any point to something other than stock and then the tune changed for it? Seems like we might just be having an issue finding the right one. Why not just go to a GM dealer and make sure the part number you have is right?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training
    That's the big problem, no one including GM seem to know which one is correct. The one GM told me was correct I ordered, but received one that was the same part number I originally tried. All the other part lookups contradict each other on what is the correct one. I have tried six different MAP sensors and they all have the same result, correct at key on engine off and incorrect under boost. No matter which one I've tried they have all not affected what the BARO reads except for the latest one that read correctly under boost.
    I've already contacted HPTuners but like usual, if it doesn't pertain to an LT or LS.......No response.

Tuning Addict
    Don't feel left out - doesn't matter if it's a lt or ls anymore. That's typical and why I made the above comment They probably won't put in the man hours either way to add in the tables as that isn't something normally tuned. Heck they don't even for the "normally" tuned anymore...

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Don't feel left out - doesn't matter if it's a lt or ls anymore. That's typical and why I made the above comment They probably won't put in the man hours either way to add in the tables as that isn't something normally tuned. Heck they don't even for the "normally" tuned anymore...
    I got a response from HP Tuners saying, "Well we would need Table ID information and then I can send it to engineering to see if it exists in the code for your operating system so it can be added."

Is this something you have, or know where to get?

Tuning Addict
    [ECM] 4011 - MAP Sensor Offset: The offset calibration of the MAP sensor. ie. MAP pressure at 0 volts
    [ECM] 4010 - MAP Sensor Linear: The linear calibration of the MAP sensor (slope) in pressure per 5 volts.

Good luck to you.
    Last edited by GHuggins; 05-11-2023 at 12:21 PM.

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training
    [ECM] 4011 - MAP Sensor Offset: The offset calibration of the MAP sensor. ie. MAP pressure at 0 volts
    [ECM] 4010 - MAP Sensor Linear: The linear calibration of the MAP sensor (slope) in pressure per 5 volts.

Good luck to you.
    Thank you very much.

Tuner in Training
    WOW, they actually added it in!
    Now to figure out what to change it to.....lol

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TURBOGNX View Post
    WOW, they actually added it in!
    Now to figure out what to change it to.....lol
    What's the part number for the MAP sensor? Again, not something you would normally tweak to make it read correctly. You enter the correct data for the sensor and stop. Typically you find another GM tune that used that sensor stock and copy the settings. But it's possible to apply pressure to the sensor and measure voltage at two points to calculate the values. Or find the part number on here where someone has posted the values.
    Last edited by gtstorey; 05-12-2023 at 02:25 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Part #12580698

I was playing around with it this afternoon. To achieve 14.8 key on engine off I have to bump the pressure at 0 volts from 7.99 all the way up to 38.45.

Senior Tuner
    That part number is one that there are several values for linear/offset given on here. But they are all pretty much in the same range. It's supposed to be this sensor
    https://www.powerandsignal.com/docs/...s/09350899.pdf

Using the average voltages given in the above, it calculates out to a linear of 200kpa/5v and an offset of +8kpa. This matches the values in a 2008 Cadillac STS (Supercharged) stock file. You might want to confirm that your ref voltage is an actual 5v.

Tuner in Training
    I did a little testing, and this is what I found (this is with the MAP sensor offset set at 38.5):

MAP reference voltage: 4.98v

Key on Engine off: 1.59v @ 14.8 psi/BARO 14.9 psi

2.14v @ 18.0 psi

Senior Tuner
    I don't know what to say. Everything I can find says the 200kpa per 5v and +8kpa is the correct values for that sensor. How are you measuring your psi?

Tuner in Training
    I don't know what to say. Everything I can find says the 200kpa per 5v and +8kpa is the correct values for that sensor. How are you measuring your psi?
    I'm taking it from HP Tuners scanner as I'm performing the test.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TURBOGNX View Post
    I'm taking it from HP Tuners scanner as I'm performing the test.
    Not sure what good that is then. All HPT is doing is the math from the voltage, although I don't know what you did to get the voltage to change. Maybe the KOEO is useful. What value do you have in for the linear?

edit: Actually ECM is doing the math based upon the values pushed from HPT.
    Last edited by gtstorey; 05-13-2023 at 02:21 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Not sure what good that is then. All HPT is doing is the math from the voltage, although I don't know what you did to get the voltage to change. Maybe the KOEO is useful. What value do you have in for the linear?

edit: Actually ECM is doing the math based upon the values pushed from HPT.
    Linear is set at 200 kpa.