Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5.7L (seq) V8: Where does Toyota hide all the torque limiting stuff. Transmission?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad D. View Post
    Following up after some assistance from our resident Tundra HP Tuners guru, SlowNStock.

My 6th gear TCC releasing issue is no longer! With his help, my TCC remains locked in 6th gear right till the transmission wants to drop into 5th gear. This shift is still nice and smooth! Some additional tuning was done in the ACIS control area, and I think it's good. Not 100% sure how to tell with the logging I have done if the ACIS is active when cruising, because TPS is read in percentage, while ACIS command is in degrees... I may need to tweak that a fuzz after watching fuel burn for a bit.

I'll be towing a lot over the next two weeks, as we're leaving for a road trip with the RV. I don't use 6th at all when towing, so I'll see how she does with the 5-4 downshift and 5th gear TCC release points. May need a little fine tuning there, but I am having a tough time comparing the 6th TCC release/6-5 shift tables to the 5th TCC release/5-4 shift tables. I think I may need to wiggle around in the 5th TCC release, but will know fer sure soon...

If I haven't said it before, this place rocks and I love love love my HP Tuner... Drivability is so much better than it was when the truck was brand new and had them little tires.
    How'd she do towing?

Tuner in Training
    Did really well. Thanks for asking!

I did have to make a couple minor adjustments, most notably decreasing tps for upshift. I needed a little higher hysteresis.

Since these adjustments, she?s been a real pleasure to tow with.