Thread: "controller Unlocker x36 exceed number of attempts"

Potential Tuner

"controller Unlocker x36 exceed number of attempts"

When trying to read my ECM for the first time too try and collect files to send too my tuner, the process will get too about 40% and then stop and say "failed" and "controller Unlocker x36 exceed number of attempts". I have contacted the previous tuner too see if the ECM may have been locked for their tune but they said they do not ever lock their tunes. I just wanted too see if there is ANY trouble shooting that might be able to be done. i have made sure the MPVI3 is securly connected to the OBD2 and too the computer aswell and cannot seem to find any recources online. Any help is appreciated

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    x36 means the seed/key has been modified from stock ie either its tunerlocked or the NVRAM has been corrupted.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

What kind of vehicle are you trying to read?

Senior Tuner
    We have the ability to unlocked them but it's usually not worth it. Never seen a locked tune that wasn't a complete shit show. They lock it to hide it.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs