Thread: Which Action Camera for Racerender (GPS??)

Potential Tuner

Which Action Camera for Racerender (GPS??)

hi everyone, i have recently purchased Racerender to work with my karting Alfano dash, im now on the hunt for a good action camera to record footage. Which would you recommend? Ive seen the GPS feature being mentioned a lot but im at a loss how this would interact with the software. As I have not actually obtained any footage yet I haven't had a chance to even create an overlay so im very new to this.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Ravi

Tuner in Training
    Hi Ravi,

My choice was GoPro, bought a Hero 8 Black. Good enough for what I'm recording. Check the minimum requirements of RR and then ... happy shopping.

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah, I think any video will likely be good enough. GPS from your video will be...adequate, but maybe not the best. Fortunately, it looks like you could export a CSV file from your Alfano dash and use that as your data file. Not sure if that has GPS which might be why you're specifically asking about that.

From https://racerender.com/RR3/docs/HowTo-DataInput.html :

Alfano
    • Select your session data file in Alfano's "VisualData" program
    • Below the "Export Files" button, set the selection to "*.csv"
    • Click the "Export Files" button and select and output location
    • RaceRender should now be able to use the CSV file that was created
    • Important: Alfano data may include more than one session. By default, RaceRender will use the first one. To select others, simply open the Input File Configuration screen, and change the Track number.