Thread: 2018 Mustang Ecoboost NX2 Install

Potential Tuner

2018 Mustang Ecoboost NX2 Install

New to tuning in general and have taken the Tuning School Coyote class and have purchased the ecoboost course. Car is a 2018 Mustang manual.
    I purchased this mustang to learn the tuning craft on. We have a drive on drive off Dynocom DC 15000 dyno at out shop also. I am NOT trying to develop tunes to sell just learning with this platform at this time. I have made a couple of tunes to this car and have it putting 325hp out now with great drivability. Currently the car has the following mods.4 BAR Map. CV Fab race intercooler and pipes, CV Fab catted downpipe and flomaster cat back and a JLT intake. 4bar MAP and IC were just put on this week and car has not been on the rollers yet with those mods. The next part to be installed is the NX2. I'm having issues understanding how to modify the turbo efficiency tables using the coefficient editor. I also don't fully understand the adjustments to the cannister pressure tables and TIP desired. Like I said I am new and picked here to start LOL. I have attached the current tune being run on the car as well as the 4bar/intercooler tune. Car has not seen the dyno with the IC and 4bar installed yet.

Feel free to roast the files...I'd rather learn now than later with parts scattered on the dyno. Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    For the larger turbo, you'll have to rescale the torque table axes to support the higher air load it will generate, OR completely rescale the torque tables to scale the higher airflow into a lower load number. I would recommend doing the axis, it's much less work.
    Then it's just chasing various limits around to get it from going into turbo FMEM, just like tuning with stock hardware.

The Cobb Focus RS tuning guide has some good info on boost/wastegate control:
    https://cobbtuning.atlassian.net/wik...gOEMStrategies

Potential Tuner
    Thank You!!

Tuner in Training
    How has your NX2 been performing. Mine has been a nightmare. Ended up extending my wastegate actuator arm by 4 turns and switching to a tune I ran with the stock turbo.

Tuner in Training
    What did you set the intercooler volume to for the CVF Race?

Tuner in Training
    Sorry I missed your reply!
    I didn't change my Intercooler volume, I can't even find the current sitting!??
    Where is it located??

Advanced Tuner
    Engine->Airflow->Speed Density->Intercooler Volume (#11041)

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the information! My base tune intercooler volume is 4.48L and my stage 3 tune, also has a setting of 4.48L??
    Looks like it has never been changed!??

Advanced Tuner
    As I understand it, it's used to model the airflow through the charge piping to predict throttle and manifold pressure, but it's affect is minimal.
    It could be used to help request more TIP demand (high throttle pressure = filling charge piping faster, basically), but I've never changed it either.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the reply. I'm still hoping to do some testing and make some minor adjustments and learn my way into a better tune!