Thread: 6.7 Fuel Temp Question

6.7 Fuel Temp Question

I recently purchased a 2017 6.7. It has weight loss and 5 position switch. I pulled the tune to see if I could tell anything about the tune and noticed these trucks have 3 different fuel temp limiters under the torque management tab. I am curious as to why the only table changed was fuel temp 3 for the 5 different torque values. What is the difference between the 3 tables? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I recently purchased a 2017 6.7. It has weight loss and 5 position switch. I pulled the tune to see if I could tell anything about the tune and noticed these trucks have 3 different fuel temp limiters under the torque management tab. I am curious as to why the only table changed was fuel temp 3 for the 5 different torque values. What is the difference between the 3 tables? Thanks!
    If I were to guess (I?m not fluent with 6.7 yet) it is probably an altitude thing. Low medium and high.

I?ll see if SCT says anything different.

As for the changes to only one.. it might only ever run in one map. I know a lot of the gas stuff for optimum power spark it will find the table with the highest timing and run it. So if the MBT map 1 has high timing than the Optimum spark table it will use the MBT 1 map.

If they increased that fuel temp limiter it?s possible they are forcing it to use just one map instead of 3.
    2003 Ford excursion 6.0 PSD
    No limit intake
    Straight pipe
    Studded
    EGR delete
    KC billet single plane compressor wheel
    Self Tuned
    XDP Regulated return
    RDP Fuel sump
    AEM progressive water meth
    Custom suspension air bags
    8" lift
    35" tires

Banned
    it only uses 1.

I wasnt sure what the main table was. The tuner used the FUEL TEMP LIMIT 3 Table to make the SOFT work and wasn't sure why they only used that table and what it referred to compared to the 1 and 2 temp limit tables.