Thread: Yes, it's a newbie question ....

Tuner in Training

Yes, it's a newbie question ....

....I was looking for a climb/slope/incline display object. Is there such an item and where do I look for it??

TIA

HJ

Advanced Tuner
    There are several 2D Graph display objects that are probably your best bet for pre-installed display objects. Would one of those work for you?

1. In Display Objects on the right side, click Add
    2. Click on the 2D Graph category in the pop-up
    3. Select one of the styles that you like best
    4. Edit the properties to make it look even better
      1. This may include updating the Field Y to be "(Altitude)" or a specific field that you have in your data.
      2. Fields that start and end with parentheses are calculated fields in RaceRender based off of your GPS coordinates. These will likely be less accurate than if you have some sort of data capture or external GPS that is recording super accurate data in a specific field, but is far better than not having the data (and is generally relatively close with some rounding).

Tuner in Training
    Thank you, Sir!

Layer upon layer and each with what seems .....
    But I'm getting there.

Tuner in Training
    Follow up question: what's the secret to save a modified template with a new name? And where would it be stored?

TIA

HJ

Advanced Tuner
    You'll probably want to use File > Export Layout as Template
    That should save a .rrt file to your: Documents\RaceRender 3\Templates
    If you already have one saved there...it might just be easiest to save it again. That path should be in your home directory. And then that template should show up on the main screen. I'd recommend starting the filename with "Project - _0" so that it shows up in the beginning of the list and is easier to find.