Thread: 2008 nag1 stuck in limp mode with no codes

Advanced Tuner

2008 nag1 stuck in limp mode with no codes

greetings tuners. i have a 2008 300c with a few mods. it was driven up to Orlando and is in limp mode and when scanned, no codes for transmission. a few codes for ecm but nothing to do with the trans, coolant fan speed 1 no response, 2 small evap leak codes. the positive was disconnected for 30 mins to reset the TCM,ECM but the codes did not clear in the ECM and still no codes in the TCM and still stuck in limp mode. the fluid level was checked and is higher than it should be, the fluid actually poured out from the overflow on the trans. the trans connector was checked and cleaned and still stuck in limp mode! any recommendations and any advice would be appreciated.
    By the prickle of my thumb something wicked this way comes!2008 Chrysler 300c! 2013 heads/220/230 comp cam/LTheaders/FTI 2600 stall converter.

Advanced Tuner
    nothing?
    By the prickle of my thumb something wicked this way comes!2008 Chrysler 300c! 2013 heads/220/230 comp cam/LTheaders/FTI 2600 stall converter.

Advanced Tuner
    not asking for a tune or tuning advice, just any help on possible causes.

Advanced Tuner
    also, the traction light and abs light is no longer on while driving. they were on before because of the it was turned off in the tune, is that any help?

Potential Tuner
    Really weird that the fluid was pouring out... When was the tranny serviced last time?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpe61 View Post
    Really weird that the fluid was pouring out... When was the tranny serviced last time?
    my daughter was adding some fluid and she added too much. so today im going to try t o walk her through on draining some of it out and check the connector to see if its wet and if so, ckean and put it back and see if that will take it out of limp mode, she dont see the traction and abs lights on anymore, they used to be on because the traction control was disabled in the tune but now the lights are off and stuck in 3rd but when she tries to put it in manual to see if she could control it manually, the dash showed 4th gear and could not change gears manually, so we are assuming that it stuck in 4th because of that but im thinking its in 3rd. HELP?

Tuner in Training
    using vcm scanner wont show you any transmission related faults you need a dedicated tool to be able to read TCM codes my advice is try to get your hands on one to see what code it threw then using the special functions options or active test function (depends on the scanner) to perform some tests like gear selection or solenoid testing plus resetting the adaptive fumction or quick learn.
    those TCMs are way too sensitive its annoying i had the same thing one happen to me for just a fluid/filter change and nothing i tried worked so i ended up taking it to the dealer to reflash the TCM which fixed the issue, as a matter of fact i am facing the same issue yet again after i rebuild my transmission. i cant get it to come out of limp mode no matter what i do so i am trying all possible solutions like then ones i mentioned but no luck so far, currently i am testing the solenoids as i bought them of ebay and the lookes really sketchy but if that doesn't work my last option would be the dealer to flash the TCM.
    good luck buddy hope this helps

Advanced Tuner
    at work i have a scanner that has those functions but the car is in orlando. we are seeing slip from converter . we had a similar issue, i used the function EGSx init and stuck in limp mode, towed it to the dealer had it flashed and problem solved.

Tuner in Training
    well i managed to resolve the issue this time without the need for the dealer to flash it i reset all the adaptives using the tool did the EGSx init did the abs init too just for good measure and reset the module and it worked first day driving normally but no manual mode available the the next day manual mode was available just like that

also you will always see some amount of slip from the converter