Thread: Cla45 amg cat code dont get disable

Potential Tuner

Cla45 amg cat code dont get disable

Hi i put a catless downpipe on my 2014 cla45 and i was trying to cdisable the p0420 code but the code always comes back even though the code says disabled in the tune. some times a take days or just 4 minutes amg cla 45 2014 good tune.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    It doesn't make sense but supposedly disabled means it's active? Setting to 6 is what "they" say is disabled, so give it a try, but I have every annoying code set to 6 and I still get them all the time so I don't know what to think. I disabled many of them but if I had to guess I'd say maybe codes have a priority hierarchy and some are just stubborn? It seems to me that setting to 6 will still net me the code, but not generate a check eng light, which is all I care about. Some things I still get a CEL no matter what I do. It wouldn't be so bad if you could clear them with HP since I already having it running, but no. Apparently HP only clears the easiest to clear codes, not the hard ones, which I think reinforces my hierarchy theory. So I have to use Autel to clear them, which is a weekly thing at minimum.

I'm also pretty sure you have to disable your O2 issue at a level deeper than HP can see. From what I recall it wasn't disabling the code, but rather tells the car not to look for/use the O2 at all?
    I saw a video on youtube showing how for a MB, and I think they were using Vediamo and editing the Hex code from whatever it was to zero's? Of course you have to know exactly where that line of code is, which I'd imagine differs with different models?
    I'd love to dig in there and do stuff like that, but without instructions on every little thing you want to mod, how could you find it, or know what to set it to. You can find many videos on disabling the Eco start/stop because it's a popular mod. Things I want are so obscure I can't find any info at all. O2 disable is somewhat popular so I'd search youtube to at least you get an ideal on what's involved.
    There are also people here that can no doubt fix your O2 issue remotely, which of course, I'm sure, costs $.
    Last edited by chevota; 05-14-2023 at 12:24 AM.
    '16 E550 Coupe RWD - C207.373 / M278.922 / MED17.7.3 / 722.909