Thread: Knock sensor volts

Knock sensor volts

I?ve been told a volt of above 1.5 is bad. I?m wondering if it doesn?t last is it OK? I?ll get a reading for one recording then the next it?s .8 and maybe record an above 1.5 farther in the log.
    Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    the more brittle your cast hypereutectic piston is, the tighter it can be ran...

the tighter you run a piston the more efficient the engine will be (unless its too tight and sticks)

you might not care about smog or mpg but our government does

dodge HAD to play by the rules

those pistons and todays fuel?

not a great combo

however, results do vary...

As long as the engine is not living above 1.5 constantly, you’re “ok”, if I remember you have a trackhawk? Pistions in the hellcat engine are a better quality than the other engines, it’s not forged, and piston to wall&end gaps are looser than the other engines.

If you’re constantly hitting 1.5, check to see if it’s also pulling timing at that spot in the log.
    My 05 bee has been hitting 1.8 @ 3200 when it shifts from 4th to 5th @ 2.5 peddle volts since me and the previous owner started logging it, (2016) it’ll be recording. .7-.9v then spike to 1.8v after shift it’s. .4-.6,
    04 GTX........ 8.91@151mph 392Ci G3Hemi NA 3600lbs 2.6HP/CI Naturally Aspirated
    05 GTxtreme 9:45@142mph 426Ci G3Hemi NA 4000lbs
    G3 Hemi Videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClS...5mXdDR5sOxs10Q