Thread: Changing intake manifold

Advanced Tuner

Changing intake manifold

What is involved in the tune?

Say a GT350 manifold on a gen 2, with a TB adapter so you can use the stock TB.

Is the only thing to do is change the manifold volume and raise the RPM limit?

This has me stumped I see pro tuners are charging 100 plus for the swap. Am I leaving anything on the table?

Thanks for any help

Tuner in Training
    In the same boat changed intake manifold. Only thing is there's no info on the intake manifold volume so have to play with it. Think if your rich u add and if your lean u take away might be reversed but after I would log and see how it reacts from there change what the car tells u it wants pretty much I'm learning so someone can correct me if I'm wrong

Advanced Tuner
    I think the manifold volume is used as a constant for calculating the SD tables??

What manifold do you have? I probably have the correct volume info.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by K44 View Post
    I think the manifold volume is used as a constant for calculating the SD tables??

What manifold do you have? I probably have the correct volume info.
    For me I have a Edelbrock Victor jr manifold for the 4.6 2v efi

Advanced Tuner
    I don't know anything about the 4.6. I think you should try Decipha on this board or check out his web site.

http://www.efidynotuning.com/

Tuner in Training
    I called Edelbrock and they said they were going to call me back was on the phone for an hr 48 hrs later. Haven't heard back

Advanced Tuner
    Looks like SD systems need to be tweaked and MAF don't?

Ford does have SD tables for the GT, do I need to modify these?

Advanced Tuner
    I have tune for 250 IM me

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks Paul but I don't want a tune I want an education.

This may sound dumb but why not seal off the throttle boss with tape or something, fill the manifold with water and then measure the water.

Should work if you can get the air out of the runners, but I assume someone already knows the volume for the voodoo manifold
    Last edited by junits15; 05-18-2023 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by junits15 View Post
    This may sound dumb but why not seal off the throttle boss with tape or something, fill the manifold with water and then measure the water.

Should work if you can get the air out of the runners, but I assume someone already knows the volume for the voodoo manifold
    Not quite work like that. GT350 intake mani volume is 12,56L.

Advanced Tuner
    Veefour, Do I need to tweak the SD tables when using a VooDoo manifold on a gen 2 5.0?

Advanced Tuner
    i dont think so i dont believe the sd tables are modded at all in the ford performance pp3 file to where it runs the gt350 intake on the coyote its thye just raised the rpm rev limit to 7500 and changed the manifold volume to 12.56

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill88stang View Post
    i dont think so i dont believe the sd tables are modded at all in the ford performance pp3 file to where it runs the gt350 intake on the coyote its thye just raised the rpm rev limit to 7500 and changed the manifold volume to 12.56
    This is what I found. I have several FRPP tunes but I don't know which are stock unmolested.

This also makes me wonder what changes need to be made for other intake manifolds, like the Boss or CJ. Is it simply changing the manifold volume then looking for VCT and spark?

Advanced Tuner
    yea typically the boss and cj need more vct changes compared to say just running the 18 and up intake or gt350

Quote Originally Posted by K44 View Post
    Veefour, Do I need to tweak the SD tables when using a VooDoo manifold on a gen 2 5.0?
    not really, not that much of a difference to bother.