Thread: question about mpvi usage

Potential Tuner

Question question about mpvi usage

I am thinking of purchasing mpvi3 but i want to confirm a couple of things before I buy.

1) If i purchase the mpvi3 and the credits associated to register my vehicle to the unit, will that allow me to flash tune files that are sent to me remotely without having to pay for the pro suite? I am not a tuner myself, but essentially I would simply use the mpvi unit as a flashing device to load tune x or tune y, etc. on demand. Is this how it works?

2) Would having my vehicle registered to the mvpi3 allow me to take the car to any tuner and not need to go through their registration (i.e they plug into my mpvi3) and thus saving me having to buy xtra credits if i switch tuner shops?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    1. I don't know what you mean by "having to pay for the pro suite" as there is no such thing. Once you license your vehicles ecm you should never need to license it again.

2. That is up to your tunershop really if they want to use YOUR device on YOUR car. Ask the tunershop if that is something they are willing to do, we cannot answer that question for them.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"