Thread: 2006 Pontiac Solstice turbo

Potential Tuner

2006 Pontiac Solstice turbo

I've got a 2006 Pontiac Solstice that I've installed a RPM_MOTORSPORTS turbo on. RPM having trouble getting it tuned because he says he can't get to the KR PIDs. The car kicks up lean and misfire codes. I did have an aftermarket upstream O2 sensor in it but have since put the oe one back in. Haven't tried to get it tuned since putting the OE O2 back in. Is it possible the sensor was causing the problem or is there another reason it can't be tuned? Also, completely new to tuning and terms that go with.

Senior Tuner
    Was this a factory turbo car originally?

If not, it likely doesn't have a wideband o2 and you need to add one for tuning.

Potential Tuner
    It was a non-turbo. They have tuned a lot of these cars with the added turbo, but for some reason he couldn't access the KR PIDs.

Senior Tuner
    Was this a remote tune or in person/dyno?

No way I would tune it without a wideband o2. If in person, they may have used one in the tailpipe.

I don't know what might be going on with the KR channel, but I'm not sure what that would have to do with running lean and misfire.

Potential Tuner
    It was remote and it's running lean because the tune apparently the tune can't be done.

Senior Tuner
    It's on the supported vehicle list. Not being able to see the KR pids shouldn't be enough to keep it from being tuned, although it makes it iffy for a remote tune. It should be possible to tune the fuel in (with a wideband) and keep the timing conservative.

You might reach out to ZZPERFORMANCE and see what they say.

Why is Knock Retard PID keeping you from getting the fuel dialed in?

Western New York's Performance Headquarters