Thread: My first 6.0 truck norris tune

My first 6.0 truck norris tune

Feel pretty confident with the results and friend is pretty happy. I still feel as thought the bottom end take off from a stand still could be stronger. My 5.3 05 tahoe accelerates alot better to the 1-2 shift that this truck does. I havent driven enough 6.0s to get a good comparison. My friend tows a race car and doesnt always run 93 octane so i stayed a little conservative on the timing and what not. please look over and give some insight.
    2001 monte carlo swapped l67 on e85
    XP cam
    gen5 m90
    NorthStar throttle body
    speed daddy headers 3inch exhaust
    3.0 pulley
    lq4 maf
    cold air filter behind bumper
    60 lb injectors

Senior Tuner
    Looks pretty good. 4L80e 1st gear is a lot taller than the 4L60E. Maybe that's what you're feeling.

Advanced Tuner
    Your idle spark adjustment tables are not set up correctly. The over speed is supposed to be negative numbers not positive. Your idle is too high for this cam and engine size. The timing tables are fine but there is more left on the table. Your trans desired tq table needs to be returned to stock. the max tq table needs to be set back to stock. Your maf calibration is really lumpy and it should be a smooth curve. Make sure to disable ve when tuning maf vice and versa. This is also a performance cam and not a towing cam so the bottom end is going to be a little soft compared to stock. You can run the rpms up some on your shift points and redline as well. Your throttle cracker and follower tables haven't been changed and they normally do. There is just a some things in here that say "let's back up and make sure that these are really the changes we want to make". Im not being condescending because we all start somewhere. Just for perspective though, a professionally calibrated tune file would look different that this one.

Thank you for the review. That very well could be the case I can power brake the truck unlike the Tahoe. I know that's not a accurate bench mark of performance but a lot of people look at it like that. Can someone gave me a break down or a video to reference about the difference in the engine side toque management and the trans side i am aware about not 0ing out the engine side because of possibly damaging the trans.
    XP cam
    gen5 m90
    NorthStar throttle body
    3.0 pulley
    lq4 maf
    60 lb injectors

Reubone I have watch a few videos and started to dip my toes into getting it to idle correctly. I did have it set to 725 idle but it wasn't happy with in when the weather started to warm up. I had to bump it to where it's at. The lump at the end of the maf curve is because I can't hit that hz, while driving. I noticed I was hitting 95%+ duty cycle at the top of 2nd gear clipping 6k. Thank you for reviewing I will go back and make adjustments
    XP cam
    gen5 m90
    NorthStar throttle body
    3.0 pulley
    lq4 maf
    60 lb injectors

Suggestions on where about to start adding timing and how much on this setup.
    XP cam
    gen5 m90
    NorthStar throttle body
    3.0 pulley
    lq4 maf
    60 lb injectors